FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: The Real Story behind 'Think Different'

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephan Walfridsson
OT: The Real Story behind 'Think Different'
on Dec 15, 2011 at 11:56:49 am

Not at all relevant to the general discussion but quite an interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/onmarketing/2011/12/14/the-real-story-behind-ap...

Stephan

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: OT: The Real Story behind 'Think Different'
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:47:37 pm

Great article!

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 15, 2011 at 10:05:03 pm

Maybe relevant in some less than obvious ways.
Many of us are involved in advertising.
We're also "subject" to Apple's marketing which is related to what expectations have been regarding FCPX.
One does wonder what kind of marketing discussion went on around FCPX even if not related to broader advertising campaigns.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Dec 15, 2011 at 11:04:31 pm

I hope their are not many pissed off employees by Jobs darker side that (specialy management) are looking for revenge now that the boss is not in.

RC

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Dec 16, 2011 at 4:04:26 am

I do not want to speak evil of the dead, but I finished the biography last night, and the whole shooting match; introduction, killing off of 7, and even the simplified UI all smacks of Jobs way of doing things. Now I like X, I think it has potential, BUT (cue the dream sequence effect) wouldn't it be neat if with the new management, they released an FCP 8 that's sitting on the shelf, and continued development of X!

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:48:59 am

Yes, Apple used to be for those who "think different".
Things have changed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Dec 16, 2011 at 7:13:30 am

I'd say it was entirely the opposite, they have thought very differently about FCPX

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Dec 16, 2011 at 1:07:49 pm

After reading the book, I agree.

He seemed to have been fascinated with what people could do with their computers. How an artistic person could create something great with technology. Technology that shouldn't be hard to use.

Jobs was clearly into simplicity. As was (is) Johnny Ives. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve told the FCS team to make FCP X simpler.

Jobs wanted the computers to be simple. He preferred closed systems. He didn't like the idea that users could open up an Apple computer, which is what Woz created. He viewed it as an appliance. The first Macintosh was not only closed, it was not easy for the average consumer to open. Coming back he launched another closed up computer, the iMac.

You'd think he wouldn't like the Mac Pro. You'd think if it was going to be killed, he was the one to do it.

Yet, look at the photo of his home office. I had seen this a while ago and went back to find it after I read the book.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/06/time-photographer-diana-walkers-favorit...

It's from 2004. He has a Cinema 30" display, which is supposed to be connected to a Power Mac G54. (not seen) But notice the Mac Pro on his desk. It's not actual size because it's a model of the yet to be released Mac Pro, which launched in 2006.

From the very beginning through rebirth of Apple Steve pushed for closed systems. Yet he himself was a Power Mac user and of all the future computer models he choose to keep at home on his desk, was the Mac Pro.

Now I wonder if it wasn't Steve who pushed for FCP X as well as the one who kept the Mac Pro alive. Regardless of it's percentage of sales.

Wouldn't that be something if now we see Apple revert back to FCS (FCP 8) and kill off the Mac Pro?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]