FORUMS: list search recent posts

A new poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
A new poll
on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:09:15 pm

Had Apple simultaneously released FCPX and the fully functional 64-bit FCS 4 most were expecting, how many of you would be paying attention to this forum?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Bill Dawson
Re: A new poll
on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:17:05 pm

We would have upgraded to FCS4 and would have loaded FCPX into a few workstations and started playing with it. Instead, we converted 24 edit stations to Avid.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:20:51 pm

I'm trying to look back and see a time that Apple (at least under Jobs) was ever a "bet hedger."

Sink or swim, what makes them Apple is partly the willingness to push for better than "we do that too."

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:05:28 pm

[Bill Davis] " Sink or swim, what makes them Apple is partly the willingness to push for better than "we do that too.""

Instead of "we do that too" they would be better served saying "we do that too and more"...instead of "you do what we say, or get out of the way"

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:19:50 pm

[Jamie Franklin] "Instead of "we do that too" they would be better served saying "we do that too and more"...instead of "you do what we say, or get out of the way""

Nope.

If you're alleging that this is apples way - history has already proved you're misunderstand things.

In a system where there's little or no choice, that may be true, but in an environment where there IS choice, any company that says something that upsets the majority of their customers, will lose.

Clearly Apple believes that there are more people who will eventually understand and appreciate "their way" via FCP-X than there are in the class of customers whom they will lose due to the change.

And so far, history has shown their thinking to be right much more than wrong.

Past that, we'll see.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:49:25 pm

[Bill Davis] "Clearly Apple believes that there are more people who will eventually understand and appreciate "their way" via FCP-X than there are in the class of customers whom they will lose due to the change.

And so far, history has shown their thinking to be right much more than wrong."

In the consumer space, absolutely true. In the enterprise/professional space, not much.

The big irony of course is that if they had followed the path suggested by DRW, not only would they have likely regained industry leadership in the existing pro market, they would have set the stage to transition with that leadership intact. Instead, because of the botched nature of this release, they've not only dumped ten years of code legacy, they've also dumped ten years of earned trust and respect in the professional/ enterprise-class market. It will be very difficult for them to regain that trust.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:07:29 am

[David Lawrence] "Instead, because of the botched nature of this release, they've not only dumped ten years of code legacy, they've also dumped ten years of earned trust and respect in the professional/ enterprise-class market. It will be very difficult for them to regain that trust."

You can argue that it was "botched" all you like - and I know you'll find a whole lot of support.

But I still think that's a narrow "top down" view that best fits the narrative of the "class" of facility users who weren't there in the beginning for the original FCP - and who may be more ticked off because (and this is my personal feeling only) Apple's actions have annoyingly pointed out issues of continuing weakness in the entire industryl. If I'm wrong, shops will just switch programs, take it in stride just like a major upgrade, and keep moving on.

Let's all face it, if the editing industry was healthy and robust, this would be a blip. But instead, our industry is pretty rocky. (That post about Video Post Production Houses being among the top ten "dying" business categories was tres scary, no?)

So it's change on top of upset.

You can take as many "alternate paths" as you like. But if when you get to the city gates, and find that everybody's packed up and moved on, the path you took to get there is NOT really the issue.

If this is even only partly true, the important thing is for ALL of us to rethink our assumptions as much as we can. Because change brings not just disruption, but opportunity as well.

FWIW.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:27:55 am

"You can argue that it was "botched" all you like - and I know you'll find a whole lot of support."

Including Craig and Jeremy, so it's not just the whiners that think it was botched.

"If I'm wrong, shops will just switch programs, take it in stride just like a major upgrade, and keep moving on."

There's nothing "just" about switching programs, it's a costly and time intensive pain in the rear. But yes, this is what they will be doing. What do you think they're going to do, open up a Starbucks?

"Let's all face it, if the editing industry was healthy and robust, this would be a blip. But instead, our industry is pretty rocky. (That post about Video Post Production Houses being among the top ten "dying" business categories was tres scary, no?)"

Large general purpose post houses have been dying off for over ten years. This does not mean the post industry isn't healthy. Most good editors I know are working and doing fine. Ask someone producing reality TV if the post industry is dying. People are always crying out that the sky is falling, but I haven't stepped on any clouds lately.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:30:38 am

[Herb Sevush] "People are always crying out that the sky is falling, but I haven't stepped on any clouds lately."

Irrespective of anything else, you craft a lovely metaphor, Herb!

Nice one.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:09:21 pm

[Bill Davis] "Irrespective of anything else, you craft a lovely metaphor"

Thanks Bill, was rather fond of it myself.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 21, 2011 at 7:51:51 pm

[Herb Sevush] "[Bill Davis] "Irrespective of anything else, you craft a lovely metaphor"

Thanks Bill, was rather fond of it myself."

I agree as well. Very clever.

That's the second one this week that I enjoyed. The other one was someone who posited that "watching the Democrats and Republicans argue over the budget was like watching two drunks argue over a bar tab on the Titanic". Rather clever as well...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Nov 21, 2011 at 11:47:36 am

[Herb Sevush] "Large general purpose post houses have been dying off for over ten years. This does not mean the post industry isn't healthy."

Agreed. The revolution was a little more than a decade ago with the advent of competitive online NLEs. To compare the release of X to that is absurd.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:52:29 pm

[Chris Harlan] "Agreed. The revolution was a little more than a decade ago with the advent of competitive online NLEs. To compare the release of X to that is absurd."

Unless the significant break from the "traditional and incremental" evolution of the NLE that FCP-X represents isn't actually the important point in and of itself - but rather a sign of something more fundamental happening in how content may need to be created in the future.

If so, you're contention that this program isn't a similar revolution is actually not on point.

But there's no way to tell early in the transformation. We'll only know looking back in a decade or so.

As always, time will tell.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Nov 21, 2011 at 6:32:56 pm

[Bill Davis] "Unless the significant break from the "traditional and incremental" evolution of the NLE that FCP-X represents isn't actually the important point in and of itself"

I don't think there is anything significant about. NLEs have not be around long enough to have an evolution that is "traditional and incremental."

[Bill Davis] "- but rather a sign of something more fundamental happening in how content may need to be created in the future."

In the scheme of things it is just not that important an event. I mean, really--we are just talking about a tool to cut video with. X might be faster for some people, and slower for others. I know that you are hung up on its database as id it were one of the monoliths from 2001, but really, it ain't magic.

[Bill Davis] "But there's no way to tell early in the transformation. We'll only know looking back in a decade or so.
"

You know what, when the first NLE rolled out it was immediately clear where the future was. You didn't need a decade to figure out that it was revolutionary. All that took was a split second.

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:03:05 pm

meh

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:09:24 pm

I'd probably spend my time being a lot more helpful to questions in the FCS4 forum instead of my self serving rantfest in this one...

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:20:37 pm

I think there is no question the reason this forum gets the traffic it does is because they killed the old FCP. I think it has to do with the number of FCP users and the fact that Apple broke a major assumption in the software industry that new versions will be improvements but more or less the same thing as the old ones.

I personally have no problem with X and if people like it and use it fine but as far as professional editing is concerned - i.e. you make a living doing it - I hope this signals the end of the reliance on Apple software because there are a lot of companies who provide equipment and software for film/video that mostly follow a set of unwritten rules, and you can't have companies that have huge influence that just choose to randomly re-write those rules one day or feel they don't apply to them. People's livelihoods depend on having some idea what is going to happen based on what has happened on the past.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:27:08 pm

[Robert Brown] "I personally have no problem with X and if people like it and use it fine but as far as professional editing is concerned - i.e. you make a living doing it - I hope this signals the end of the reliance on Apple software because there are a lot of companies who provide equipment and software for film/video that mostly follow a set of unwritten rules, and you can't have companies that have huge influence that just choose to randomly re-write those rules one day or feel they don't apply to them. People's livelihoods depend on having some idea what is going to happen based on what has happened on the past."

Walter Murch alluded to the same points in Pt2 of his recent X interview. I too believe this is the "story" that will be remembered when the final epitaph is written about this episode in the history of media.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:41:24 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Walter Murch alluded to the same points in Pt2 of his recent X interview. I too believe this is the "story" that will be remembered when the final epitaph is written about this episode in the history of media."

Yeah I saw that. I don't know if it could ever go as fas as a SMPTE type requirement but I think the other companies have responded appropriately by committing to cater to the needs of their customers as opposed to dictate what their needs are and I believe them. I think the good news is that Apple is probably the only company that would do something like this.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Return to posts index

Douglas K. Dempsey
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:56:55 pm

Agree with most of the above. If FCP4 had arrived, our forum would be about new features, and lots of Avid & PPro users showing up, asking if they should convert to FSC4.

HOWEVER, if as you fantasize, FCPX indeed did arrive as iMovie Pro, replacing the unweilding "not FCP" $300 app, Final Cut Express...

THEN we would probably still have a rollicking discussion. Because the $300 FCPX is basically the software version of the DSLR revolution. It's super cheap, anyone can do it...but as you start to use it in pro situations, you start buying expensive add-ons to bring it SORT OF up to the task accomplished by real pro products. With the DSLR, it's trying to get pro audio, dealing with timecode, shutter roll, native codec (highly compressed AVCHD) vs out to uncompressed, trying to follow focus and aperture with still lenses that are hopelessly bad ergonomically for cinema shooting. And in FCPX, you are doing all the work-arounds, clever new workflows and add ons. As Craig Seeman likes to point out, you may be building your Mac that way soon as well: no one-stop pro Mac, just a cheap consumer-friendly iMac or Mini with Thunderbolt and an array of hardware per your particular needs. Just like Avid with all the breakout boxes back in the '90s!

Doug D

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 20, 2011 at 9:23:01 pm

[Douglas K. Dempsey] "As Craig Seeman likes to point out, you may be building your Mac that way soon as well: no one-stop pro Mac, just a cheap consumer-friendly iMac or Mini with Thunderbolt and an array of hardware per your particular needs. Just like Avid with all the breakout boxes back in the '90s!"

I think there will be a replacement MacPro which will have much better CPU/CPU specs the the Mini or iMac but, yes, not one stop. It will be heavily dependent on Thunderbolt boxes. Given the direction the current economy is headed in, I think that will be an advantage to most (but certainly not all) post houses.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 20, 2011 at 9:20:04 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Had Apple simultaneously released FCPX and the fully functional 64-bit FCS 4 most were expecting, how many of you would be paying attention to this forum?"

Given the R&D resources I can't imagine such a scenario. What might have happened is that Apple continued to sustain FCS 3 with maintenance updates (rather than removing it from the market)while FCPX was developed.

Personally I welcome the radical change. I do not like the way it was handled though.
I think by this time next year FCPX will have a very complete "professional" feature set which, like any other NLE some will like and some won't. There was no transition though.

Return to posts index

Darren Kelly
on Nov 20, 2011 at 9:53:18 pm

If they had released a FCPS 4, I'd be happily editing on it, rather than spent the $2K on switching to PC and Premiere CS5.5.2.

I'd still think Craig was hooked on some sort of drug that made him incapable of actually answering the question, and that gives him an inability not to use the word Thunderbolt in a posting here.

DBK

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:47:39 pm

"Given the R&D resources I can't imagine such a scenario"

But who determines the resources. We are constantly hearing about how successful and rich Apple is as a company. What would stop them from putting more resources into development if they wanted to? They didn't seem to mind developing iMovie and FCP Legacy at the same time, why couldn't they have continued development on Legacy while X was getting itself ready?

Announce X as iCut, the replacement for FCP Express, and a concept product that would show the direction they were taking Legacy. They could have done that. They chose not to, but it isn't a crazy idea.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:23:11 pm

[Herb Sevush] "But who determines the resources. We are constantly hearing about how successful and rich Apple is as a company. What would stop them from putting more resources into development if they wanted to?"

Apple uses software to sell hardware and, once evaluated, probably saw little financial advantage to sustaining both with respect to hardware sales. ROI wasn't there by their standards my guess. Keep in mind you have to factor in the lack of MacPro sales and the cost of distribution as well as technical support. Also, as I personally believe, that there may have been licenses costs they didn't want to pay anymore. Just because they can do something doesn't mean they should from their business perspective. Basically I think there was no business sense for them to sustain development.

I'd point out that Avid doesn't make much money on Media Composer. They too make their money on hardware such as Unity and Isis. While people may be happy with Media Composer development, it may not be a sustainable business model given their financial history going back a number of years now. The MC sales really only helps if it moves more of their heavy iron.

Apple, on the other hand, sells computers (amongst other things) so it makes good business sense to develop a new NLE with the goal to push computer sales. Could FCS 4 been that product? Maybe, but I have to think they looked at the picture and saw further development of FCS relative to generating computer sales, as a money pit given the outside code base (and I think licensing).

Of course they could have started from scratch but worked to maintain a "traditional" NLE interface. This though, was a design decision.

I think it would have been a logistical nightmare with significant costs and little ROI to develop two code basses even in transition. OTOH keeping the old product alive sans major upgrades might have been less so. Apparently even that wasn't a worthwhile financial proposition to them given the feature weakness in FCS in the market. They probably compared that to the number of new Mac system upgraded they though FCPX would generate (but didn't because there was no strong motive to purchase new systems given the current feature set).

Apple may well have been in a "no win" situation so the went for the "long pass" on a long term solution (assuming FCPX develops the feature set that motivates more Mac sales to Pros with deep pockets).

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:40:16 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Of course they could have started from scratch but worked to maintain a "traditional" NLE interface. This though, was a design decision."

In fact that's exactly what they did. The evidence is in the program itself:

My hunch is the design decision to scrap legacy UI/compatibility was driven primarily by marketing and finance and that the fork happened around the time the mass firing of the Pro Apps team was announced in the press.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:07:38 am

According to your analysis Apple will walk away from the entire video business the moment they decide it isn't generating enough ROI. All of which goes to show why it's a fools errand to build your companies work flow around a company not committed to your business. If Avid fails it won't be for lack of interest in the video business, and if I was an Avid user I could live with that.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:42:28 am

[Herb Sevush] "According to your analysis Apple will walk away from the entire video business the moment they decide it isn't generating enough ROI."

At that point the industry is on the verge of a crash for reasons other than Apple.
Again look at Avid.

Tell me what business approach is viable in the NLE market? Adobe? They're also a diversified company.
Companies that survive will be the ones in which the NLE ties into other product purchases.
Avid tried tying NLE to specific hardware. That didn't work. They depend on other niche market hardware sales that Media Composer may not lead to.

If you think Video Post doesn't generate enough ROI then there is a SERIOUS industry problem and, as others have pointed out, there is. Something has to change and Apple is at least attempting to reassess the market so it might be viable.

Niche market sales of hardware is not a formula for success as everything drops into commodity pricing.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:58:28 am

"Niche market sales of hardware is not a formula for success as everything drops into commodity pricing."

I am looking at Mac hardware and overpriced graphics cards with much the same view. Software that is OS and hardware agnostic makes good business sense to me.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:11:46 am

[Michael Gissing] "I am looking at Mac hardware and overpriced graphics cards with much the same view."

Seems Mac computer sales keep climbing while the rest of the industry stagnates or declines. "Overpriced" is subject, sales figures seem to show greater market accuracy.

Heck if you looked at this forum you'd think Avid were a healthy company.

[Michael Gissing] "Software that is OS and hardware agnostic makes good business sense to me."

It has downsides. Developers either need to branch to take advantage of specific OS or hardware features or they take a more generic approach. Sometimes tight and targeted OS and hardware integration has its feature and performance benefits . . . at the cost of a dependancy.

My concern would can I put together the OS and hardware combination that best meets my needs (which may or may not include OS and hardware versatility depending on what my needs are).

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:22:03 am

[Craig Seeman] "Seems Mac computer sales keep climbing while the rest of the industry stagnates or declines"

Internationally? I would love to see some accurate figures on that. I would bet that India and Asia would be the opposite. Overpriced in my geography means Mac & GPU is twice the price for the same power/ performance.

[Craig Seeman] "Sometimes tight and targeted OS and hardware integration has its feature and performance benefits . . . at the cost of a dependancy."

The fact that CS5, Autodesk and daVinci were able to get better performance on a Mac than Apple's software tends to make this argument a non starter. FCPX is comparable perhaps but ignoring CUDA and preferring ATI cards is a limitation, perhaps a good example of the dependency problem you have correctly identified. The recent discussions of the possible demise of the tower config is yet another example, even though you like the potential alternatives more than I do.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:13:33 am

[Craig Seeman] "Tell me what business approach is viable in the NLE market?"

[Craig Seeman] "If you think Video Post doesn't generate enough ROI then there is a SERIOUS industry problem and, as others have pointed out, there is."

As far as I know there are 7 makers of professional NLE's:
Apple, Avid, Adobe, Edius (Grass Valley), Vegas (Sony), Media 100 (Boris), Smoke (Discreet) and the 8th would be Lightworks, if it continues.

These products have all been around for years. Their parent companies don't seem to be disappearing. Lightworks is a phoenix trying at this very moment to reemerge.

I don't see the crisis. If Avid as a company goes under I'm willing to bet the MC software will survive. I see a very mature, sustaining market for video editors - much more so than for many other types of software. The fact that Apple chose to give up it's leadership position in this market does not convince me the problem is with the market - I think the problem is with Apple.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 21, 2011 at 7:56:29 pm

[Craig Seeman] "I think by this time next year FCPX will have a very complete "professional" feature set which, like any other NLE some will like and some won't. There was no transition though."

Given that it took 5 months to get the titler fixed, I can't be as confident as you. I say two years.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:42:44 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Had Apple simultaneously released FCPX and the fully functional 64-bit FCS 4 most were expecting, how many of you would be paying attention to this forum?"

I'd be happily cutting away, thinking about my next thunderbolt equipped Mac, and like before, only visiting the COW forums for occasional advice when stuck. Best thing about this debacle for me has been meeting everyone here and having some excellent conversations. That and losing my Apple fanboy blinders. As painful as it's been, I'm open to NLE platform possibilities I never considered before. Adaptation... it's a way of life.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 21, 2011 at 8:49:45 am

[David Lawrence] " That and losing my Apple fanboy blinders. As painful as it's been, I'm open to NLE platform possibilities I never considered before. Adaptation"

Same. I've traversed roads less traveled this year for sure. I didn't just lose my blinders, I lost all confidence that I will continue to enjoy upgrading my macbook pro every 3 years, that shiny tower I was starting to eyeball is on shaky ground, my fav nle gone, I'm now on Nuke and AE...I feel like anything good can be taken away without warning, while that's true about any product, I haven't been tied to any other hardware like I am my i7...except maybe my wacom...but even inferior pen/tablets do the trick, everything is inferior to my macbook pro i7 :D

Return to posts index

Jim Glickert
on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:30:50 am

Had Apple simultaneously released FCPX and a fully functional 64-bit FCS 4, I doubt this forum would even exist. Everyone would have chosen one or the other and gone on to live happily ever after, with none of the anger and nastiness that erupted.

I'd be happily using FCS 4, anticipating the purchase of a new Mac Pro soon, and wishing nothing but the best to those using FCPX.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:17:18 am

[David Roth Weiss] "Had Apple simultaneously released FCPX and the fully functional 64-bit FCS 4 most were expecting, how many of you would be paying attention to this forum?
"

This forum would still be called FCP X. I'd be checking in occasionally to see what was what with the interesting, kind of cool, odd-ball editor that Apple introduced alongside my tools. I'd be buying either a new Mac Pro or Mac Book Pro this year, and generally cruising in the same direction I've been going in for much of the last decade.

What I'd be missing is all the fun discussions, and some of the interesting minds here, and I wouldn't be as vigorously re-uping with Avid, which in truth, I should have been doing anyway. I'd still trade that for a properly functioning FCP 8, but it hasn't been a total loss.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:54:29 am

I had 6k ready to purchase FCP 8 and either a tower or a macbook pro and some peeriferal hw.

I ended up with an AF100, Adobe cs5.5 production suite and a weekend with my family at the embassy inn.

Not that I could not used fcpx, from what I have seen its ok but not ok enough to invest in apple hardware. At least for now.

If apple oracle Craig Seeman is right I might reconsider.

Ric

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:37:00 pm

Just look at the traffic that the "Legacy FCP Forum" still having and the traffic on the FCPX techniques.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:17:28 am

That never would have happened. X would have had to have been released as iMovie Pro to separate the two platforms.

One had to die for the other to live. Hmmmm, I think there's a good story in that line somewhere.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]