FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Davinci Resolve 8.1.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Goodman
New Davinci Resolve 8.1.1
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:57:50 pm

dude, what were they thinking by making this free?! I know its limited to 1080p but for 95% of my work thats fine. Now people working in color have a reason to move on.

now i got roundtripping just like fcp7 and color but with avid, and so far it seems like davinvi is better than color ever was. Still havent gotten a chance to dive in to deep .

First automatic duck, now davinci.. this holiday season has been insane. Hope sapphire is next. lol

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: New Davinci Resolve 8.1.1
on Nov 18, 2011 at 4:36:12 pm

[Neil Goodman] "dude, what were they thinking by making this free?! I know its limited to 1080p but for 95% of my work thats fine. "

I initially had the same thought as you, but then Jeremy and Chris helped me see the light [link].

I knew that BMD was using Resolve to sell Decklink cards (I myself shelved a perfectly good Kona to install a Decklink with my Resolve system last fall) -- but I didn't see who they were trying to sell them to until Chris helped me fit DNxHD back into the puzzle. I was thinking only of people like myself interested in a dedicated color system.

With MC6 now supporting Open I/O, BMD is using Resolve Lite (with unlimited nodes and DNxHD MXF support) to give every Avid editor a fully-functional, FREE color grading system if they buy a Decklink for their box instead of an AJA, a Matrox, or Avid's own DX hardware.

No other capture card vendor has a value prop like this. It's a brilliant move.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]