FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using a MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with FCP X? Any issues?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Anyone using a MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with FCP X? Any issues?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:18:19 pm

I've been looking at doing Final Cut Pro X, although this thread isn't about whether it's worth it or not, this is more about whether my machine can actually handle the software.

According to Apple's spec, my cars is Open CL but not supported. I guess that means no, but I thought I'd throw the question out there...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4664

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Anyone using a MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with FCP X? Any issues?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:40:26 pm

Yes, but not intensively. I haven't noticed any issues with it beyond being obviously slower than my Mac Pro.

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
Re: Anyone using a MacBook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with FCP X? Any issues?
on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:42:11 am

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure I quite understand. Do you mean you have two MacBook Pros, one with the graphics card I mentioned and then a better one? And it runs fine on both but one is better than the other?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:36:01 am

No, I should have said my Mac pro tower. FCPX runs as well as FCP7 on my laptop

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:32:10 am

That's good to hear. I was kind of hoping it would be even quicker than Final Cut Pro 7 as it renders in the background doesn't it?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:49:22 am

Olly Lawer on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:32:10 am

I was kind of hoping it would be even quicker than Final Cut Pro 7 as it renders in the background doesn't it?

So-called "background rendering" only works when you're not actually doing any editing so it's probably not quite as sexy as you're thinking it is and perhaps the marketing made it out to be.

In fact, it's essentially no different to the Auto Render option already in legacy FCP.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:06:52 pm

Ok cool. So basically it is brill for its new features, but don't expect it to be any quicker? Or any slower in
fact.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]