FORUMS: list search recent posts

Forum: Future?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franz Bieberkopf
Forum: Future?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:26:37 am

… speaking of metadata, it has been a while since the general orientation and flavour of this forum has been discussed, and since I have no influence in the matter I thought I'd throw it up as a topic.

As far as I'm concerned, it is the most interesting forum on COW.

What's the future of this forum?

It's clear that, although the traffic has been driven by FCPX and more pointedly "The Debate", the subject of the forum is more along the lines of recent developments and ongoing issues in editing. But as "The Debate" recedes (or widens), I hope the forum continues. It will eventually need a new name.

So I'm throwing out the first suggestion for the future forum name (bearing in mind that it needs to have the same draw for traffic and still capture the right flavour …):

"Editing: Sex and Violence"

Any other suggestions?

Franz.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Forum: Future?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:06:29 am

[Franz Bieberkopf] "What's the future of this forum?"

I think Tim Wilson mentioned awhile back that eventually it might broaden in more general discussion about the industry direction, of which FCPX has been a fomenter, one way or another. Certainly it's impacted Avid, Adobe, even Lightworks as well as were the business of "professional" editing is going on both the individual and facility level. We've had hardware discussion around Apple, HP, workstation vs desktop vs portable editing as well various input cards and new technologies like Thunderbolt.

It seems that in some respects the forum is progressing in that direction naturally.

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
Re: Forum: Future?
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:26:16 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] " "Editing: Sex and Violence""

Being FCP X future-wise I'd say this is a good name, indeed.
Look at these possibilities, with an iPad and its motion-sensitivity;

-a plugin for lonely editors to have sex with it
-a plugin for tough editors to practice some boxing

WOW!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]