FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's New in Version 10.0.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn Bockoven
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:21:30 am

• Fixes an issue where a title may revert to the default font after restarting Final Cut Pro X
• Resolves an issue that could cause files recorded with certain third-party mobile devices to play back incorrectly
• Addresses a stability issue caused by changing the start time on a Compound Clip

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
BEWARE: Re: What's New in Version 10.0.2
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:53:15 am

Be wary.

I'm not sure but a quick search shows that everything I can see under this supposed "update" number - leads to offshore "fake software" sites.

So go slowly.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: BEWARE: Re: What's New in Version 10.0.2
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:16:39 am

Do you mean internet searches for info? The App Store has it and it installs as a 100MB patch rather than a full install (at least under 10.7.2).

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
UPDATE Confirmed as legit.Re: What's New in Version 10.0.2
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:18:10 am

Yep, appears I was wrong. Jeremy just posted a link here to the Apple site. My search just missed it 10 minutes ago.

So it IS an legit update.

Good

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:18:16 am

The App Store is the only reliable place to get it, if I'm not mistaken:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4589

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:12:13 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "The App Store is the only "
[Jeremy Garchow] "place to get it, if I'm not mistaken"
I certainly agree with this.

[Jeremy Garchow] "reliable"

Based on my own personal experience this part might be subject to debate . . . given the number of people who had reported it not purchased or had to delete and install in the past. I do hope the App Store becomes professionally reliable.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:30:35 am

[Craig Seeman] "Based on my own personal experience this part might be subject to debate . . . given the number of people who had reported it not purchased or had to delete and install in the past. I do hope the App Store becomes professionally reliable.
"

True

I meant it's reliable in terms of the source, perhaps not in the operation.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:14:03 am

[Oliver Peters] "The App Store has it and it installs as a 100MB patch rather than a full install (at least under 10.7.2)."

OS 10.6.8 is downloading the full 1.44 GB. I haven't checked on my 10.7.2 system but I've heard that's one of the difference between 10.6.8 and 10.7.2 updates for FCPX at least.

Return to posts index

Ray Wang
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:33:05 am

107.67 MB update for my MBP (OS X 10.7.2)

---
Ray

Return to posts index

Paul Harrison
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:24:13 am

From Support.Apple.Com:

Final Cut Pro X: Version 10.0.2 release notes
Last Modified: November 16, 2011
Article: HT4589

Summary
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.2 is an update to Final Cut Pro X.

Products Affected
Final Cut Pro
What’s new in version 10.0.2:

Fixes an issue in which a title may revert to the default font after restarting Final Cut Pro X
Resolves an issue that could cause files recorded with certain third-party mobile devices to play back incorrectly
Addresses a stability issue caused by changing the start time on a Compound Clip
This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro.

Return to posts index

Ray Wang
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:25:38 am

>> Fixes an issue in which a title may revert to the default font after restarting Final Cut Pro X

Excellent fix. Noticed this bug from point 0 release.

---
Ray

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
Re: What's New in Version 10.0.2
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:26:40 am

Thank's for the heads up Shawn,

As clarified in the follow up posts below it is a genuine if minor update available through the App Store.

Which is just great. Many minors make a major but the one we are all waiting for won't be with us until the new year.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:43:39 am

[Mark Dobson] "the one we are all waiting for won't be with us until the new year."

And apparently Evan Schechtman, who is a facility owner and beta tester, will move his facility to it based on what he sees in the beta. He implies it's more than multicam and broadcast monitoring.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:17:28 pm

And here we go again...

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:28:28 am

After escalating the problem to apple engineers, that importing H624 files from my VIO pod.hd ( file import not camera) caused FCP 10.0.1 to crash every time ( this did not happen with 10.0.0)

it appears that this bug has also been fixed in V 10.0.2.
The files now import fine can be used natively or converted to prores with in application

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]