FORUMS: list search recent posts

2nd part of new Walter Murch MacVideo Interview

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
2nd part of new Walter Murch MacVideo Interview
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:51:49 pm

Here's the 2nd part of the Macvideo Walter Murch Interview.

http://www.macvideo.tv/editing/video-material/

A bit more rambling than the first part.

Is it just me or is Rick Young growing his hair really long?

Also there is a tutorial from Rick ' Organising your Footage using FCPX'. Not looked at it yet though.

Return to posts index

Franz Bieberkopf
Re: 2nd part of new Walter Murch MacVideo Interview
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:19:35 pm

Mark,

Thanks again for the link.

Those two videos (pt 1 and 2) are a reminder of the quality of the forums here - because the issues and perspectives feel pretty worn for anyone following here.

"What we need for editing now ... [is a bible of] standards for the display and manipulation for the edited image and sound." (Walter Murch)

... a thought I've shared (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

I was also glad to hear him express intrigue with the Lightworks project - an experiment that is at least as interesting as FCPX.

Also funny to hear Rick Young call FCPX a "full featured editing system" even though they have discussed exactly that it is not.

Franz.

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:34:50 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] "Also funny to hear Rick Young call FCPX a "full featured editing system" even though they have discussed exactly that it is not."

Absolutely made no sense in the context of the entire interview.

Came across as a Stockholm Syndrome talking point as it was just a throw away....

My god! Spielberg still uses a moviola? I thought Munich was the last film he used that for...talk about 'old hat'

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:04:38 pm

Year wie are Looking at lightworks also it feels a bit like a Linux os.
Looks cool but it does not feel well organized.

Question is why did it took that long to get the second part out?!

Return to posts index

ted irving
on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:24:20 pm

I haven't had a chance to view the 2nd part of the Murch interview. I do agree with his assessment of FCPX in the first video, which was about Apple designing software that they can move away from and allow 3rd party company's to alter and MOD if you will for their products and clients. This is an old strategy, one used by Adobe with the 5.0 to 6 series of Premiere. I remember buying a Bravado video capture card and they customized the code for Premiere to work with the Bravado. But I like that strategy and I think it will work for Apple. I"ve been editing on the first version of FCPX and it works great for me because I"m more into ENG & EFP. However, I can see why it's just not there for those working on long form projects and need to share over a LAN, exchange metadata, etc.

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]