FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe SWITCH is over

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Adobe SWITCH is over
on Nov 11, 2011 at 9:54:30 pm

Well, I just got our new iMac in and literally was in the checkout page to upgrade our 2 CS5 Production Premium seats to CS5.5 and buy a new one, when I discovered the SWITCH program is over. I'm sure everyone knew this but me (but hey, we've been busy and I wasn't paying attention). Now, I won't even bother with the CS5.5 upgrades because I was only going to do it to maintain compatibility between all the other rooms.

Sigh.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Adobe SWITCH is over
on Nov 11, 2011 at 11:26:49 pm

Then check out Avid. FCP (not X) cross-grade to MC is $1499. No end date.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Nov 12, 2011 at 12:09:03 am

I'd switch if it was still $995.00. I went Premiere Pro instead and now live in the NO RENDER zone.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 12, 2011 at 4:53:49 am

If you had paid when it was $995 then you'd now be facing a $500 upgrade to Avid 6 which is of course quite a leap forward. Pretty obvious Avid knew where things were headed so they cut off the $995 deal before the cutoff for a free upgrade to 6. If you buy 5.5 right now you'll get a free upgrade to 6.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Nov 12, 2011 at 8:47:43 am

And Video Guys is claiming they still have some of the 5.5 995 boxes, so upgrade now and get a free bounce to 6.

http://www.webvideoguys.com/avidmc6-guide.html

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Nov 12, 2011 at 3:08:18 pm

Thanks. Just placed my order.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 12, 2011 at 4:53:56 am

If you had paid when it was $995 then you'd now be facing a $500 upgrade to Avid 6 which is of course quite a leap forward. Pretty obvious Avid knew where things were headed so they cut off the $995 deal before the cutoff for a free upgrade to 6. If you buy 5.5 right now you'll get a free upgrade to 6.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 12, 2011 at 2:53:28 pm

I watched the Avid webcast and after chatted w/ Avud reps. If you bought the $995 switch program before the cut-off for free 6 upgrade, the upgrade from 5.5 (or for anyone who owns 5.5 and didn't buy it after October 15th) is only $299. That's the same as it was for FCP 6 to FCP 7 upgrade so that's not too bad.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Douglas Morse
on Nov 13, 2011 at 2:11:09 am

Call Adobe and see what they can do for you.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Adobe SWITCH is over -- NOW: change in upgrade pricing for CS6
on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:33:34 am

John, since you're already on CS5, this won't apply to you -- but anyone not currently on CS5 or CS5.5 should be aware of another change Adobe is making.

From Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite [link]:
With regards to upgrades, we are changing our policy for perpetual license customers. In order to qualify for upgrade pricing when CS6 releases, customers will need to be on the latest version of our software (either CS5 or CS5.5 editions). If our customers are not yet on those versions, we’re offering a 20% discount through December 31, 2011 which will qualify them for upgrade pricing when we release CS6.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]