FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unlocking QT por

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hartel
Unlocking QT por
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:17:05 pm

Hey folks,

I'm on a system at a post house, and they've got QT 10 on the desktop, although they have all the pro-apps otherwise installed, fcp/avid, etc.
QT hasn't been unlocked however, so it's still the pathetic version that ships. What and how do I enter whatever serial number code that i'll need to unlock the pro version. I can grab the serial number off FC when i boot it up, is it the same? And how do i use it to unlock QT?

thanks, ph

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Unlocking QT por
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:19:26 pm

FC Studio comes with Quicktime 7. That's the version you install and add the serial number to for getting Quicktime Pro.

There's no "Pro" for Quicktime 10.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
Re: Unlocking QT pro
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:43:16 pm

Hi
The installer is on the OS X 10.6 main install DVD, found double-clicking an icon called Optional Installs.
If FCS 3 is already installed it upgrades itself to QT 7 Pro automatically - no messing with registration numbers.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:45:07 pm

Actually, you have to manually install QT 7 from the Snow Leopard installation disc, in the Extras Folder I think (or optional as Paul says). If you have FCS installed your QT Pro features are automatically enabled.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Jun 12, 2011 at 10:19:44 pm

thanks everybody. i guess .7 is on here, just not defaulted to for some reason. and i didn't realize until after i posted that I'd mispelled pro as por - but perhaps only a freudian slip to describe 10.

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Jun 12, 2011 at 10:46:07 pm

actually, i have one more question: how do you make QT 7 the default app for launching QT movies?

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
on Jun 12, 2011 at 11:15:02 pm

Find a movie. Command I. About 2/3 the way down the info window there's a drop down that says Open With... . Select what you want to use (QuickTime Player 7.app) then select the "Change all..." button.

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Jun 13, 2011 at 2:34:36 pm

Dig inside QT7 Player package and throw this Launcher app away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]