<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frome
Off Topic, but still sort of relevant
on Nov 10, 2011 at 1:53:44 pm

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Off Topic, but still sort of relevant
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:00:57 pm

They are not asking for much, really...................................

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:33:57 pm

That is actually a violation of the terms on craigslist which probably won't see much done since they have embraced or ignored these types of sweatshop ads...

I would like to know any other industry that gets these kinds of insane "job" postings...Although, this one is so bad it must be a joke...

If serious, I hope someone tells this guy to get a life. I know of a comfortable screening room with padded walls...

"I want 3 cuts! One 3 hours!"

LOL.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:52:26 pm

"I would like to know any other industry that gets these kinds of insane "job" postings"

Coaching. It's not unusual for young coaches to work for years as an unpaid assistant logging 80 hours a week and have to supply their own car to pick up recruits at the airport. My son is getting 5K a year this season and it's a step up. I told him he picked the one field worse than mine.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:22:06 pm

Craigs list still has "terms of use?"

Best joke I've heard this week!

Once upon a time it was a useful place for people to trade in things of modest value without any overhead.

Now, it's a cesspool of exploitation and sadness. It's the place where, typically, IMO, the ignorant go to be used by the morally bankrupt. The highest aspiration of the Craigs List "seller" is to get as much as possible in exchange for as little real value as can be managed. The referenced ad is a perfect reflection of that. In a community where the rules specify that there will be NO system of verifiable value as a part of the structure, everyone sets their own arbitrary values - including the inexperienced and clueless.

Nothing wrong with that, per se. It's just that games with no rules are games that only losers play - since anyone can lose at any time and there's no recourse.

I love free speech and have no problem regarding the existence of CL. I just see it as societies place that exists to teach people lessons about exploitation.

Hopefully, citizens with brains, including especially your young people, will learn fast and leave.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:05:23 pm

Whilst this is obviously a joke to warm us up as winter sets in I get a daily post from Shooting People and positions advertised in the Unpaid/Collaborate section are not that far off this ad sometimes.

But people generally get offered a DVD ( Wow ...thanks! ) of the finished production in return for working for nothing.

The capacity of people to totally exploit others is also demonstrated in the Intern programmes that many UK media companies run.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:26:01 pm

[Mark Dobson] "The capacity of people to totally exploit others is also demonstrated in the Intern programmes that many UK media companies run."

Agencies do exploit their interns. It is amazing what they get away with sometimes.

Law firms (for one example) pay their temporary/summer interns, and pay them very well.

It's seems to be that nature of the business that determines the intern payment plan. Law interns are usually in law school, media interns might be in some sort of higher education, but perhaps not in the masters degree level? I don't know, I'd be curious to know.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:16:11 pm

That is a fake ad...a joke. I HOPE. I mean, it sounds like someone posting the absolute worse parts of every post scenario.

But it rings true of so many people looking for crew members.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Nov 10, 2011 at 10:32:52 pm

I always thought (said class leery Irishman), that soho was running something of a class exclusion, because the only people who could afford to be totally unpaid interns, in central London, tended to be from a certain background that afforded them the ability to float on no money for an indefinite period of time.

there's almost a thing said freelance where you shouldn't really have go at an intern if you're in a place (if you for some reason were driven to) because you wouldn't quite know who's family or connections were involved?

Soho interns are, god knows, unfailingly nice, polite and professional peeps, but the background is a tad uniform..

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
on Nov 10, 2011 at 11:02:57 pm

Damn, I've been looking for something like this. I got $40K just sitting around doing nothing and I'd like nothing better that to blow a wad of cash on equipment and tell my paying customers go piss off because I want to be some arrogant a$$hole's bit$h and work for nothing so I can get my name in 2point font on a trailer that is whizzing by at 800 feet per second.

Man where do I sign up..........

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]