FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: OT but part of the debate I think

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: OT but part of the debate I think
on Nov 9, 2011 at 1:59:52 am

[Thomas Frank] "to a uprising generation that might be more talented with less technical knowledge which is learnable."

You make the mistake of many talent scouts in various sports who look at a kid and say, jeez look at his natural ability, what an athlete, we can teach him how to (hit, pitch, throw, catch ...)but we can't teach natural ability. Then they sign the kid and it is almost always a disaster, he never does learn the skills, because it turns out that "learning" is also a talent, and if you don't have the habit of learning down before your twenty, your not very likely to pick it up later.

What I'm trying to say is that the ability to learn what you so contemptuously term "technical knowledge" is a rare talent, as rare as having a good eye for composition or color, and that it's a losers choice to bet on some talented youngster who has not shown an interest in the technical side of his trade. Imagination is good, ideas are a dime a dozen but the ability to execute, to put thoughts into action is rarest of all. It also helps if you know how to light.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]