FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Certified Pro - Out with the old

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
Apple Certified Pro - Out with the old
on Oct 30, 2011 at 11:29:21 am

I'm sure many FCP editors already know these details but for those who don't:

I'm currently preparing for my Apple Certified Pro - Final Cut Pro X Level 1 exam which is a necessary step before Final Cut Pro X Level 2.

I looked through the website of my local Apple Training provider and found this article.

http://www.solutions-inc.co.uk/index.php/staff/marks-blog/item/441-what\...'s-new-in-apple-certified-video-training

I've checked other training sites and the details have been confirmed.

All Final Cut Studio related Apple Certified Pro certifications will be retired on January 12, 2012.

These include Color Correction, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, FCP7, Final Cut Server, Motion and Certified Master Pro - Final Cut Studio.

What a skill base!

They will be replaced by the following Certifications:

* Apple Certified Pro - Final Cut Pro X Level 1

* Apple Certified Pro - Final Cut Pro X Level 2

* Apple Certified Pro - Motion Level 1

(Surely a Motion Level 2 and Compressor 4 will be added soon)

This really puts the final nails in the coffin lid of Final Cut Studio.

The article also mentions that "Once the exams become available there will be a grace period where a current Certified Pro can upgrade there certification by passing an online exam, open book in their own home, for a set fee. After this they will need to sit the exam at an AATC under normal exam conditions."

One hopes that the skills of those who attained these hard won certifications will become more valuable as Final Cut Studio slowly resedes in the wake of these new programmes.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Apple Certified Pro - Out with the old
on Oct 30, 2011 at 8:58:50 pm

That Apple is continuing Pro Certification for FCPX series does seem to show some intent or, at least, belief that there will be value to obtaining such certification.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Apple Certified Pro - Out with the old
on Oct 30, 2011 at 10:15:54 pm

But Craig, realize also that this also mean that those of us who didn't give up and run away screaming in terror on its introduction will be the first ones around who will be initially....

wait for it....

certifiable?

(couldn't resist.)

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]