FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Announcement on NOV 3rd possible MC 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
Avid Announcement on NOV 3rd possible MC 6
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:04:14 pm

From the slip up on the avid website it seems like a couple of features similar to FCPx are going to be included in MC 6. So i am wondering what other features form FCPx or even FCP legacy would you guys want to seen in New NLEs from here on out.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Avid Announcement on NOV 3rd possible MC 6
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:34:45 pm

From FCPX - the use of metadata for clip tagging and searching, but without the automatic smart collections or abandonment of the bin.

The skimmer, activated by a modifier key perhaps, but without the abandonment of the source monitor, and defaulted to being off.

The timeline index on steroids. It would great to select a graphic in your bin, do a "Show in Timeline Index" and have it highlighted everywhere it's used in the sequence, and be able to do a Replace like you do in After Effects.

Don't stop playback when adjusting effects/audio.

From FCPX: Copy/Paste effects and motion parameters (although Avid doesn't have motion parameters built into each clip, so I guess just Copy/Paste effects).

I'm sure I'll think of more, but I'd rather wait for MC6 to drop, play with the trial, then see what else it needs.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:39:39 pm

Really? Got any screen grabs?

(if the Cow doesn't have a "we're pulling your post cause you're not funny" section in the Code of Conduct, I think I can prove they clearly need one, but I hope they don't)

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Oct 28, 2011 at 3:03:36 pm

[Kevin Patrick] "Really? Got any screen grabs?"

I am just asking for a Hypothedical list. Not anything real please read my intial post. the basis of my question is really there must be some things that FCPx does that people like in some fashion, so what are those things that all other NLEs need to adopt. we also know of many many things that FCP legacy did that other NLEs did not so agin what are some of those things that we would like to see others intagrate.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Bill Dawson
on Oct 28, 2011 at 3:25:59 pm

At the SMPTE conference in Hollywood yesterday, I asked the Avid rep if we would see version 6 in December. He said it would probably be sooner than that.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:37:37 pm

[Bill Dawson] "At the SMPTE conference in Hollywood yesterday, I asked the Avid rep if we would see version 6 in December. He said it would probably be sooner than that."

I missed the conference this year. How was it?

Return to posts index

Jim Sprague
on Oct 28, 2011 at 11:27:37 pm

It's not from fcpx per se and it's pretty simple

I spend a lot of time jumping from project to project. A simple way of getting to most recent project would be really useful.

In the "Select Project" window, why not have a second window that has the 10 most recently opened projects?

BaldyMntPost_pos.jpg

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:30:59 am

Wow,
Are there THAT few "announcement days" available on the calendar?
That's the day Canon is scheduled to have their big "video related" announcement in Burbank that the invitations have been out for a while about.
I thought only batteling politicians in the modern era scheduled announcements designed to suck eyeballs away from each others scheduled events!

If this is accurate, that's going to be a day where a lot less regular work gets done in my studio.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 29, 2011 at 4:10:20 am

RED has a big announcement, too, that day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]