FORUMS: list search recent posts

I may be mistaking but wasn't June 9th the day?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
I may be mistaking but wasn't June 9th the day?
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:10:08 am

I've been out of the loop since NAB. Barely been online.
But wasn't June 9th the date announced by Apple at the Supermeet for the release of FCX? I just went to the Apple store and they are still selling the old version. Has it been officially delayed? Is there a new release date then?

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: I may be mistaking but wasn't June 9th the day?
on Jun 9, 2011 at 8:49:16 am

It's delayed. Wait until June 30.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:11:19 am

Originally release was planned for early May - assume now it's the last few days instead.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:00:13 am

[Adam Claude Jones] " I just went to the Apple store and they are still selling the old version."

Even if it was released, going to the Apple Store to get a copy FCPX wouldn't have done you any good anyway.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jun 9, 2011 at 2:05:14 pm

No one ever said June 9th. At the February private event it is said Apple said "this Spring", which technically gives them till 6/20. Then at the SuperMeet they said "June". So I'd go by the more recent projection and look for a release the last few days of June. If we make it to July with no release, then it could be considered delayed.

Best,
Andy Richards

VP of Product Development
Keeper Technology

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Jun 9, 2011 at 2:40:56 pm

I found it hard to believe that Apple would release something towards the end of the week anyways. They usually unveil products on Monday or Tuesday so it gives you time to purchase. So my bets are on the 20th or 27th.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Jun 9, 2011 at 2:42:42 pm

Then I'd bet on the 27th.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

Eddie Torre
on Jun 9, 2011 at 8:29:31 pm

Last version of Final Cut was released on a Thursday

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 9, 2011 at 3:43:04 pm

[Andrew Richards] "No one ever said June 9th."

Yes, someone did. One of our Creative Cow members said it as a joke, because today is his birthday and he said he "wants nothing more for his birthday." That's how rumors get started...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Jun 9, 2011 at 4:36:11 pm

But back in April someone said that Apple was doing some sort of meeting in London today to unveil some product and maybe we would get more info on FCX. Does that ring a bell?

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 9, 2011 at 4:56:31 pm

[Ron Pestes] "But back in April someone said that Apple was doing some sort of meeting in London today to unveil some product and maybe we would get more info on FCX. Does that ring a bell?"

Yes, the London Final Cut Pro Users Group was scheduled to get a visit and a demo from the good folks building your next version of FCP, but the Apple people cancelled. Apparently lots of people who'd already bought tickets primarily to see the Apple demo were none too pleased.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 9, 2011 at 5:18:58 pm

I've heard mentioned that Apple reasoning is that they're focusing their resources on WWDC. I'm not sure of the veracity of that reasoning but there's veracity to the cancelation.

Personally, given the size of the company I would doubt it being a resource issue. They might have been concerned about a media or online community distraction in which that presentation would dominate over the attention they'd like to see Lion, iOS5 and iCloud getting at this point.

Another possibility (all speculative) is that they really are working on debugging and testing up to the last possible release day. I suggest this because I think this is one reason why they were only showing a "February" beta during April NAB and why they weren't prepared to say much else. Many developers don't want to talk about or promise features that are still a work in progress because solutions may end up being different than described. I think they limited the presentation to what was locked down and working.

Given the importance of the FCPX, I can't help but think they'd do a press conference/media show announcement. We'd see the "invite" rumors at that point. I'd be kinda surprised if they threw FCPX out the door into the Mac App Store without a media event . . . but the handling of FCPX PR has been very different than Apple has done in the past so it's hard to predict.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
It will be here by july 12 2011
on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:30:56 pm

Larry Jordan is hosting an all-day training seminar on the new Final Cut Pro X. In this series of in-depth training sessions, you can get your FCP X questions answered and discover for yourself whether FCP X is right for you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: It will be here by july 12 2011
on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:41:29 pm

Although Larry Jordan admits that he doesn't know beyond what Apple showed/told him already from what I've read. He makes no claims about the release date.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:47:36 pm

I just recivied this e-mail from him. I did not include all the info because it might be considered spam. but its legit.

rc

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:07:38 pm

Scheduling a webinar doesn't mean much. They can get canceled. EVERYONE already knows Apple announced June so that's all anyone has to go on beyond internal to Apple and maybe the beta testers, which Larry has said he is NOT.

In fact I took a look at Steve Martin's Ripple Training site, who is a beta tester, and it seems he pulled previous mentions of FCPX tutorials coming. Not that that means anything either other than maybe Apple asked him to.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:24:07 pm

Could be. This was included in a countour design announcement. lets see.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:39:20 pm

Larry's got the webinar on his page.
Fillmakingwebinars already has several FCPX related webinars scheduled. I think they're all going on Apple's announcement for June release. I don't think they have any inside knowledge.

I can't recall Apple ever missing an officially announced delivery date . . . but I'm not even sure if the date announced at a "sneak peek" is "official."

In my experience, developers tend to do one of two things regarding delivery dates. They either delay them if there's an issue or they "lock out" the features still at issue and release as is and add the other features once they are completed. I suspect Apple would take the latter route but that's neither here nor there.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
It will be here by JUNE 30, 2011
on Jun 10, 2011 at 1:33:21 am

Using the same reasoning as Adam, Filmmaking Webinars will have their first FCPX webinar on the morning USA Pacific time of Thursday June 30
http://www.filmmakingwebinars.com/webinars/final-cut-pro-x-hands-on-tour/

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:08:08 pm

HAH! Look what I did!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:21:46 pm

[John Davidson] "HAH! Look what I did!"

Did you change your birthday?
What's it been rescheduled to?
How is your mother handling this?

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jun 9, 2011 at 5:01:48 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Yes, someone did. One of our Creative Cow members said it as a joke, because today is his birthday and he said he "wants nothing more for his birthday." That's how rumors get started..."

I should have said "No one from Apple". Random guesses from COW users should not be given the same weight!

;-)

Best,
Andy Richards

VP of Product Development
Keeper Technology

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jun 9, 2011 at 5:11:58 pm

they are scrambling to put back in all the features that chicken little is complaining about.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:03:02 pm

It's actually been secretly released since last week: I'm using it right now,and it is great, we've all been hiding it away from you as part of a global conspiracy. To get your own copy, you must turn on your iChat camera and chant "Mary Worth" into it, twenty times, in the dark. This activates a voice recognition subroutine within iTunes/app store, that authorizes the FTP download.

(This has been a JOKE.)

Sad part is, at least one of you guys is bored and desperate enough to try it anyway::-)

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jun 11, 2011 at 3:33:28 pm

Even though you state plainly that it is a JOKE, I am going to try it anyway ... does it help if I wear anything special?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]