Re: Final Cut News Editor 1???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony west
Re: Final Cut News Editor 1???
on Oct 24, 2011 at 10:29:07 am

David, once again you nailed it!
When I saw X I thought back to my days in the late 80's when we used to only have machine to machine cuts only edits in the field remote trucks for ABC and NBC Nightly news.

I'm talking Network, before all the cable news 24 madness set in, when 6:00 ruled.

I remember when you could first do a dissolve in the field and we were jumping around dancing because we could do a DISSOLVE.

We would have killed for the power of something like X back then. Fast forward to today and X is looked at as a toy or kind of mocked a little.

My, my, my have things changed : ) the leaps and bounds of technology are kind of taken for granted
these days, but that's cool, it just makes me smile a little when I think back.

But YES David it has news written all over it in my mind.

News breaks, and you are on the scene shooting and then cutting and ready before the uplink drives up.

And Neil, I would like them to be even faster. I was telling them years ago to get
all their crap off of tape and on to a server. All clips should be named by what they are so when
an editor comes in they just type a player's name in.

I'm impatient, I HATE waiting to find shots. I want to spend my time in the creative process, not looking
for stuff or waiting on rendering.

In all the Fox Sports affiliates they are sitting on piles of tape.

One day they will stop making the machines and then what will they play their stuff on?

It's kind of funny for me because I was thinking of this way of working before X even came out.

X kind of turns the edit into google. That's how you find what you want on the net right? You type it and it's there.

Type the player's name (get all clips on that player in a second) narrow to defensive plays or offensive plays, postseason play or whatever, but get the stuff FAST.

That way of working might not be for some, it' s just how I want to do it. Everyone has their own way
of working. Down to the way people customize their keyboards.

Apple did what I was talking about years ago. I wish I had done it first : )

Tony West

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]