FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soundtrack Tools in the future?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
Soundtrack Tools in the future?
on Oct 20, 2011 at 8:04:32 pm

What you think will we see an comeback of the Soundtrack Pro Tools in the future of FCPX?
Like for example the selecting a section in the Spectrum view to remove unwanted sounds.
Maybe the next Logic will bring use something more to the table then just for tunes creators. :)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Soundtrack Tools in the future?
on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:14:26 pm

STP, when it died was a toy DAW compared to standard systems like ProTools and Fairlight. Apple would be wasting important development time and energy to try and incorporate a sophisticated audio editing mixing system in an NLE. Of all the things to fix in FCPX, audio at this level is not one of them.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:03:22 am

STP is still included with Logic Pro last I heard. I suspect with the next update to Logic it might have some integration with FCPX. Of course there's nothing concrete about this. It's just things I hear in the rumor mill. Of course I'd expect Logic to be in the App Store at that point as well.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:09:07 am

[Craig Seeman] "Of course I'd expect Logic to be in the App Store at that point as well."

Yes, but will it have a ripple-only, trackless, magnetic timeline? I hear that's the future!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:15:22 pm

It's easy for me to understand why a developer might handle each app differently.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:34:42 pm

[David Lawrence] "Yes, but will it have a ripple-only, trackless, magnetic timeline"

The comments tied to the Logic developers from the rumor sites stated that they weren't going to turn the next Logic version into GarageBand. I would presume that implies they weren't going to make the same mistakes as ProApps did with FCP X. Ironically though, it seems that most of GarageBand's design came from Logic, so it seems like an odd comment to me.

Most of the audio mixers I work with are Pro Tools folks, however, a few run Logic for audio post and really like it. I liked STP a lot for short-form mixing, so I'm sorry to see it go. Seems like Adobe Audition is the best alternative, since it focuses on audio production and post without all of the music tools.

In theory, you could go via X27 to FCP7 and then to ProTools, Audition or STP.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:38:16 pm

[Oliver Peters] " a few run Logic for audio post and really like it."

[Oliver Peters] "I liked STP a lot for short-form mixing, so I'm sorry to see it go"

Nothing to be sorry about IF Logic can round trip with FCPX. I have a hunch that will happen.

Return to posts index

Ian Bailey
on Oct 22, 2011 at 12:30:04 pm

I would like to think that Logic Pro X will be a showcase of what can be achieved with FCPXML!

Obviously there has always been an overlap between NLE and DAW tools, so I don't have a problem with more features from ST Pro making there way into FCPX in the future. It would be great to see a return of the Spectrum view along with looped recording and the Multitake Editor. I can imagine using Role assignments, or something similar, to create submixes.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 22, 2011 at 2:23:41 pm

[Ian Bailey] "I would like to think that Logic Pro X will be a showcase of what can be achieved with FCPXML!"

Agreed, but unfortunately these aren't the same development teams. In typical Apple fashion, they may or may not be completely compartmentaized. That's why the software folks never know in advance what the hardware folks are doing. We'll just have to wait and see.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 22, 2011 at 6:03:32 pm

[Oliver Peters] " We'll just have to wait and see.
"

I was thinking we might here something about Logic at AES, but nada. Of course Avid just released Pro Tools X, err, uh... 10 there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]