FORUMS: list search recent posts

"iFCP" sucks! Please prove me wrong!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Thurman
"iFCP" sucks! Please prove me wrong!
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:08:09 am

FCPX does not follow through on it's claims.

It takes away most of the professional features and replaces them with... tinker toys?

"Auto Save" does not SAVE! I have lost edits, titles and my mind.

"Auto Render" is the most annoying tool created. It jams the processor with the rendering task and won't allow editing at a normal rate. I would much rather work, work, work and take a render break/computer still working/go to bed and wake up with rendering finished. BUT NOOOO, let "iFCP" do it now!

Import/Transcode, ok, it makes it easy to DUMP all my clips into the machine and start working, but this workflow is backwards in the fact that I have to stop everything to organize after I make a big DUMP.

I thought it would be fun to cut a spot on "iFCP", but it has made me re-do and re-do things.

The new display has went to the "Dark Side". So far, it seems I to need to squint, at everything, to get a glimpse of what it says. Plus it seems to be so meticulous, in millimeters, as where to click to execute actions. Alright that was similar in FCP 1-7 but at least it wasn't all shades of black!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! For changing the terminology within the program, to make searching the help menus utterly useless. (They couldn't have at least linked the vocabulary so if you were to search... sequence, frame grab or tons of other terms, it would reveal the replacement word/drop down menu/short cut key?!)

Not only am I sad about the death of an icon, Mr. Jobs, may you rest in peace, a man of true genius!! (Thank you for all the great years you've helped me live my life of technical bliss and to create my own films, TV shows, documentary's, commercials and help my friends and clients prosper!) Now I'm feeling as though Apple will soon follow. Keep focusing on iTampads "Assembled in China" Apple!

FCP now stands for Frickin Crud Pile.

If you have actually read this entire ranting post, of my vent, basically killing time, avoiding going back to work on a project, losing money, sleep and sanity. Mahalo & may you not have encountered these problems!

And please contact me if you want a MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad, or iPhone.
I'll be buying a PC with Premiere and an HTC Evo tomorrow. (Ok, that's a joke, for NOW!)

But, Dudes! The "Old Paper" effect is super kewl, fer surrrrre! And like the Alien Spaceship effect is sweeeet too. Like brooo ApPlE should just like go into the plug in biz.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: "iFCP" sucks! Please prove me wrong!
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:07:59 pm

AVID Media composer and Premiere run great on your OSX systems. Use that!
Or 7, it still works.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:14:48 pm

[Chad Thurman] ""Auto Save" does not SAVE! I have lost edits, titles and my mind.

There is an issue, but there is also a fix in you look for it

"Auto Render" is the most annoying tool created. It jams the processor with the rendering task and won't allow editing at a normal rate. I would much rather work, work, work and take a render break/computer still working/go to bed and wake up with rendering finished. BUT NOOOO, let "iFCP" do it now!

You can switch this off in preferences

Import/Transcode, ok, it makes it easy to DUMP all my clips into the machine and start working, but this workflow is backwards in the fact that I have to stop everything to organize after I make a big DUMP.

You don't HAVE to organise it

The new display has went to the "Dark Side". So far, it seems I to need to squint, at everything, to get a glimpse of what it says. Plus it seems to be so meticulous, in millimeters, as where to click to execute actions. Alright that was similar in FCP 1-7 but at least it wasn't all shades of black!

Perfectly readable on my monitors, perhaps you could consider adjusting your monitor?

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Shawn Barry
on Oct 12, 2011 at 8:39:58 pm

Any radical change is going to have bumps. I used a copy of InDesign way back when it was still beta ...I pounded my desk and swore profusely for a solid year, but it eventually came around as the lead application. This is the same. They'll get it sorted out.

"Ohh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. "I'm My Own Grandfather"! Let's just steal the damn dish and get out of here! Screw history!"
-Professor Hubert Farnsworth

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:48:55 pm

[Shawn Barry] "I pounded my desk and swore profusely for a solid year, but it eventually came around as the lead application. This is the same."

Why do you make that assumption? In fact, your example is an Adobe app. Did Apple's Pages become the leading page layout application? No. Couldn't your same example be used to justify that Premiere Pro ends up as the preferred desktop NLE? I think that relying on faith that - because it came from Apple it will win out - isn't the best way to proceed. I would suggest that if it doesn't work for you today, put it aside and use something else. Check back in a year and see if things have improved.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Jacob Kerns
on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:24:38 am

I agreen the background render makes Fcpx useless.

NIADA
Technical Director

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:17:20 am

[Shawn Barry] "Any radical change is going to have bumps. I used a copy of InDesign way back when it was still beta ...I pounded my desk and swore profusely for a solid year, but it eventually came around as the lead application. This is the same. They'll get it sorted out."

At the same time, Quark was mistreating their users and really going out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot in the marketplace. Adobe and Avid, on the other hand, are doing their best to capitalize on Apple's misstep with the FCPX launch.

I'd agree with Oliver. FCPX might be InDesign (slow start, but ultimately became the better application), or it might be Quark (took users' loyalty for granted, didn't listen well to feedback, and ultimately lost to an "upstart" competitor). It's just too early to tell.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Chad Thurman
on Oct 18, 2011 at 8:50:55 pm

"There is an issue, but there is also a fix in you look for it"

Can you tell me where it is, please!
Thank you for your other solutions also.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:49:28 pm

[Chad Thurman] "It takes away most of the professional features and replaces them with... tinker toys?"

[Chad Thurman] "FCP now stands for Frickin Crud Pile."

Forgive me, but you don't sound like a person who wants to be proven wrong. You sound like someone who just wants to start another FCPX bashing thread. I mean, why call it "iFCP" if you're mind isn't already made up on the subject?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]