FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X - Release date??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stevie Scarlatos
Final Cut Pro X - Release date??
on Jun 1, 2011 at 7:41:28 am

1st of June today. And from the presentations videos on you tube i thought that FCP X was to be released in June. Any serious news on the official release date? It is all quiet...

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
Re: Final Cut Pro X - Release date??
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:07:24 am

Perhaps during the July 6th WWDC keynote event with Steve Jobs?

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/11/05/31/firm.makes.unusual.pre.announcement...

Return to posts index

Stevie Scarlatos
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:41:24 am

I believe the article states that the event is on the 6th of June. So you think it will be released on that date?

Return to posts index

Al Yorke
on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:15:10 am

someone on the apple support communities discussion board seemed to think June 9 is the date?!

keen to see whats in the box (or download!).

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:58:13 pm

The thing about June 6 or 9 is that it would mean there'd have to be a "one more thing" FCPX announcement IMHO. I don't think FCPX will be a "quiet" release sans special event. I don't think a "one more thing" will allow for an adequate presentation. I can't help but think they'll be a press event for the video trades.

This is a major release and I can't help but think Apple will want to milk the media. I also think they'll want a much more controlled event than the "sneak peek" was, which, as we all know, had a very mixed response in the blogosphere. Of course I could be very wrong but if Apple just throws it out there, they may be concerned that it'll just get ripped apart without their "guidance" they'd provide at a press event.

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:37:57 am

Who knows? Maybe the new MacPro's with Thunderbolt will be announced as well? It certainly is a good moment to introduce new products during the WWDC.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:39:50 pm

Mark my words: WWDC will not announce FCPX or any hardware. iOS 5 and Lion will occupy the entire keynote. FCPX will come later in the month (assuming they hit their ship estimate), probably at a dedicated media event. Maybe there will be a "one more thing" hardware announcement at the FCPX media event, but recently new Macs are released with very little fanfare.

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Jun 6, 2011 at 7:00:57 pm

Keynote just ended. No sign of FCPX... yet.

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Jun 6, 2011 at 7:01:53 pm

Deleted. Double post...sorry.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:07:36 pm

[Stevie Scarlatos] "1st of June today. And from the presentations videos on you tube i thought that FCP X was to be released in June."

June is 30 days long...

Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:26:50 pm

[Arnie Schlissel] "June is 30 days long..."

Apple has just filed trademark for iJune. You will see an update to iCal making the new month of iJune 60 days. The length of day will be measured in Venusian time.

BTW a new breed of trained editors will be arriving from Venus.They will be known as FCP X-Men. I can't wait to see the special powers of Magneto Timeline.

Return to posts index

Joel Godin
on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:56:42 pm

Final Cut X has just been released!!
For more information go here:

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:45:16 pm

That's a good example of why Optical Flow can't replace a Phantom or other High Speed camera.

Although it would be nice if FCPX supported Optical Flow in its time remapping.

Return to posts index

Joel Godin
on Jun 4, 2011 at 2:19:11 pm

Actually you can't judge with this Optical Flow, because I used 1/250th shutter speed, so it had a lot of motion blur.
It should be 1/1600th or better from what I've read, not what I've tried.

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:53:56 am

Dear Apple,

Please release FCP X now. People are going crazy waiting for it.

Thanks,
Martin.

PS, it better not suck.

Return to posts index

Pete Fausone
on Jun 2, 2011 at 2:25:20 pm

I think they are much more concerned about people going crazy after they release it.

Return to posts index

charles wren
on Jun 20, 2011 at 2:41:41 am

LOL!
I was at that supermeet in Lost Wages -and while I did enjoy it and FCPX looks promising, my jaw wasnt dropping, so wish Larry could update his blog to say the sound of 1699 jaws dropping...

That being said I'll be the first one going through his essential training on Lynda.com which am wondering how long anyone thinks that will take to happen? or will he put that training on a private website?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jun 2, 2011 at 3:39:13 pm

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:58:35 pm

So you got a hold of the new FCPX Countdown Generator?

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:50:43 pm

The only thing that would really warrant a release of FCPX in time for WWDC is so they can use this application as an example of how to do things in OSX. Sounds far fetched though.

What we MIGHT see are updates to Mac and / or iPhone. Again what would warrant Mac-updates is tech-talk about for example Thunderbolt across the line. Again, I have my doubts hereā€¦ iPhone-updates are perhaps more likely as it's more of a closed platform than MacOSX and developers would be quite interested in the developments here.

FCPX I highly doubt we'll see. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a release late June, if they in fact hold their deadlines.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:15:50 pm

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/01/apple_may_offer_free_icloud_s...

Quotes:

"Apple uncharacteristically preannounced iCloud in a press released issued on Tuesday, revealing that Chief Executive Steve Jobs will introduce the product alongside Mac OS X 10.7 and iOS 5 at the keynote to kick off the Worldwide Developers Conference next week. The company may have been willing to let the cat out of the bag early because of a plethora of surprises it has planned for next week."

"Apple is also said to be planning an aggressive marketing push for Lion when it debuts later this year. In the weeks before Lion goes on sale, the company is expected to showcase several applications available on the Mac App Store to spotlight some of the biggest features of Lion."

Of course, this is all speculation, but it gives me good hope that we'll see SOMETHING to do with FCPX...

Return to posts index

charles wren
on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:46:52 pm

It Will Happen! Its GOING to happen!
No if ands or buts about it!
FCPX WILL be released on June Ninth! and thank you, for commenting and sharing, and may we we have the next commenter please...

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 2, 2011 at 11:07:48 pm

[charles wren] "FCPX WILL be released on June Ninth!"

And, please tell us, exactly how do you know this to be true?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

charles wren
on Jun 3, 2011 at 1:47:49 am

Ancient Numerological techniques - Steve Jobs Birthday added to the start date of Apple divided by Cupertino's longitude = June ninth, and thank you, for calling and sharing...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:44:36 am

I have to check that on my Mayan Calendar.

Return to posts index

John Knowles
on Jun 3, 2011 at 8:00:54 pm

Actually, shouldn't we be asking Harold Camping about this? He's usually right on the money when it comes to predicting dates...

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:33:19 pm

[John Knowles] "Actually, shouldn't we be asking Harold Camping about this? He's usually right on the money when it comes to predicting dates..."

Well he messed it up this time because he didn't realize that the release of Final Cut Pro X is the rapture!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

benjamin chagneux
on Jun 9, 2011 at 12:32:53 pm

You said WILL be released on 9th june, bue we are 9th of June and no final cut pro X....

Return to posts index

Al Yorke
on Jun 9, 2011 at 1:04:16 pm

Ha! I've seen a lot of speculation... who said WILL be june 9? I think everyones pre-ocupied with their heads in the Cloud(s) ATM ;) maybe late June for FCP X ??? ....

Return to posts index

benjamin chagneux
on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:06:51 am

Google search :final cut pro X 9th june
You will see !
But now we are the 10th, I think it was a speculation :)

Return to posts index

Al Yorke
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:48:55 am

WOO HOO!!!!!!

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/

"If you think you can or think you can't" ... your probably right! ;)

Return to posts index

charles wren
on Jun 10, 2011 at 7:26:37 am

I forgot to calculate leap years.
DOH!
However June tenth is the second day of JUDGEMENT for FCP Studio 3!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Jun 4, 2011 at 12:40:45 am

Please keep your wallets and arms inside the ride at all times. You will be allowed to purchase the software at the same time as everyone else. Any and all features of the software are subject to change at a moments notice and/or the whim of Apple, Steve Jobs, et al.

Since we are speculating: I predict the software will be released by or before the end of June. Since I have tons of work to do and no real time to spend on learning new software, I'll likely wait until I do have time to buy this magical, as-yet-unreleased, incredible, new, amazing, must-have software I know absolutely nothing about except for what has been specifically stated and not what Apple or others have eluded to, speculated upon, or generally demanded from Apple indirectly in a blog, comment, forum, or other form of electronic telecommunication.

I guess we'll all just have to be patient. Please save worrying for the developers as they have more at stake than any of us. ;)

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jun 5, 2011 at 9:45:49 am

[Jonathan Ziegler] "Any and all features of the software are subject to change at a moments notice and/or the whim of Apple, Steve Jobs, et al."

Now now Jonathan, this is the FCP X release date thread not the RED just about anything release date thread.

Return to posts index

Mads Nielsen
on Jun 19, 2011 at 9:03:48 pm

My bet is on June 23rd, London FCPUG SuperMeet...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]