FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Democratizing" the editing industry

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glen Hurd
"Democratizing" the editing industry
on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:50:35 am

Been looking at other edit systems, and came across this one.

It has a FULL 3D stereoscopic workflow, with native support for many of the 3D cameras out there. 3D transitions and captions are integrated, and this edit system supports all common 3D display devices for proper evaluation.

64-bit performance supporting CUDA and OpenCL, multi-cam with 99 format/resolution independent layers per timeline. Includes packages from Red Giant, BlueFX and proDAD, as well as offering native screen capture, zoomable thumbnails, fully adjustable interface, intelligent mouse-mode and a video preview screen designed to assist in animating titles and objects - even when they go off screen.

Extremely fast image stabilization and impressive slow motion control with built in smooth speed transitions. Primary and Secondary color correction (of course), and effect masking, along with a flexible Title editor with direct title preveiw.

For audio, it includes a virtual mixer supporting VST plug-ins, and also supports automatic beat recognition which can be used to match timing with the included soundtrack design suite to supplement background music creation - in Dolby Digital 5.1.
Noise, hum, pop, camcorder noise can all be removed through their Sound Restoration suite.

It supports all the social media exports, along with menu design for DVDs and Blu-ray. It comes with a range of new animated menu templates for Blu-ray production as well.

Now that is the future of editing. No fuss no muss no stress over bins vs words. Just get to work already.

Think of all those poor creatives who can't afford Final Cut Pro for $1,000 (forget about all the stuff that came with it). Think of all the creatives who can't afford FCP X! (and all the stuff that comes with . . . oh never mind).

Finally free to join in the democratization of visual storytelling, cash-strapped editors can also work off of cheaper hardware! That's a double win for sure! Yes, it runs on PCs, and is available for only $200.

For those who embrace change and love whatever is new and just-around-the-corner, I offer you Magix Movie Edit Pro MX Premium.

PS. Note the use of the word "pro" there. Very useful marketing idea, along with the extra words added afterwards, in case "pro" doesn't mean what it used to.

Heh.

Return to posts index

Carsten Orlt
Re: "Democratizing" the editing industry
on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:17:22 am

Unfortunately no XML, OMF or EDL import or export (unless I missed them)

But apart from that, it's quite powerful.

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:21:49 am

Ooohh. It has colour wheels...

Erik Lundberg

Technical Director, Media Technology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:37:16 am

...err...

multicam for two cameras ?

that's one more than fcpx at the moment but still...

Patrice

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:00:28 am

Yes, but they are going to change all that in the near future. In the meantime there's a report floating around the tech section of the NY Times stating that as a work-around, you can put 2 separate video files into each 3D file, and using stereoscopic goggles, you can multicam the 3D content to achieve a 4-camera multicam workaround until this gets resolved. :P

OK - joking about the NY Times bit.

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:49:58 pm

That looks awesome. If it could import the xml from my old FCP projects I'd probably give it a try.

I wonder if it has any support for broadcast monitoring solutions.

Return to posts index

Jason Myres
on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:09:50 pm

And if that's not enough, you can equip your vfx department with HitFilm, which gives them all the capabilities of a Flame or Pablo for only $399.

http://fxhome.com/hitfilm

JM

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:11:53 am

That is too funny. There's a toy I actually want to play with!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:19:13 pm

[Jason Myres] "And if that's not enough, you can equip your vfx department with HitFilm, which gives them all the capabilities of a Flame or Pablo for only $399. http://fxhome.com/hitfilm "

Someone in the After Effects forum asked how to wrap a particle system around a 3D layer [link].

Imagine my surprise when I explained that Particular (at $399 itself) within AE (at $999) couldn't do it without some 2.5D workarounds, and Evan countered with a link to HitFilm's particle system working within its true 3D compositor.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
on Oct 4, 2011 at 2:23:09 am

I enjoy your posts, Glen. Keep them coming, man.
I'm sure that vlogger you posted the other day will love MagiX.

Everyone dismissed him as just an annoying kid (well he was) but the fact is:
HIS CHANNEL HAD WAY MORE THAN TWO HUNDRED MILLION VIEWS!

Talking about democratizing the industry, eh?

Back in the day only the media could sell people to advertisers.
Now the net landlords are the ones who are pursuing that old trick.
And they have at their disposal a World-Wide-Web-of-Raw-Materials.

The difference is huge as the sky is no longer the limit. Literally.
And they promptly feed in their hands using a nice thick collar.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]