FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple execs on iOS 5.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Apple execs on iOS 5.
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:08:56 pm

Didn't notice the splash screen video about iOS 5 until today.

Watching it shows pretty clearly the apple approach to - well - everything.

Put it all on the table. Make using devices and software as simple and intuitive and as approachable as possible in order to satisfy users needs.

They believe that will the the innovation that drives success.

We'll see if they are right.

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/gallery.html#video-ios

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
Re: Apple execs on iOS 5.
on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:11:56 pm

At 02:44

I get a pixelated executive saying "phenomenal"

Made on a Mac?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:05:12 pm

Sure.

It couldn't possibly be a web encoding glitch, an internet distribution anomaly or a freekin' cosmic ray hitting a logic gate anywhere along the thousands of miles of the distribution chain between Apple's servers and your screen - whatever happened to make this video playback imperfect on your personal computer screen must be proof that Apple is rife with incompetence.

I'm totally with you.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
on Sep 29, 2011 at 5:39:34 pm

Hey, I'm with you on the cosmic ray thing! Getting hit here too!
And shure this alone won't show Apple's incompetence...

But if it is indeed compression artifact and it DOES seem like one to me,
I think it is pertinent to point it out here, no?
That "Phenomenal" quote along with the compression, it was just ironic.

Just watched that on 2 different cpus for that matter.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:57:06 am

It seems contradictory that the same company that believed 2 or more buttons on a mouse was confusing now thinks that gestures is intuitive. Powerful perhaps. Intuitive? Far from it.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:12:22 am

[Bret Williams] " Powerful perhaps. Intuitive? Far from it."

The nipple is the last time that most humans experience an intuitive interface, certainly when it comes to tech.

Think about something as simple as a hyperlink. If you were around when the internet was first widely accessible, say, late 94, somebody had to tell you you what to do with an underlined word. Even then, your "intuition" might have been like mine, to doubleclick the link, because doubleclicking is what you do in order to open things on a computer.

I also think about Scotty trying to interface with a computer in the past -- our present -- in Star Trek IV. His idea of intuitive was to speak to the computer. When somebody handed him a mouse and told him to use that instead, he tried speaking into it as if it was a microphone.

As a result, whenever I hear the word "intuitive," my assumption is that the speaker is full of poo -- either because they believe that something is intuitive, or they know better and just want us to believe it anyway.

Kinda like the word "pro."

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:46:50 pm

I still have no idea what to do with nipples. Not sure why I have them for that matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]