FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX inexplicably causes pixelation on some clips but not others. Huzzah!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight Cenac
FCPX inexplicably causes pixelation on some clips but not others. Huzzah!
on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:22:06 pm

It only happens on this one beginning clip, but any effect I lay on top, or transition I try to use causes the clip to become a completely unusable mess of digital gibberish. I take away the effects/transitions and the clip returns to normal. Obviously that does me absolutely no good.

I didn't see any forum for FCPX support anywhere, so to keep this relevant, after this little project is done, I am trashing this garbage iMovie facelift for hobbyists and going right back to FCP7. So there's my take on it :)

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: FCPX inexplicably causes pixelation on some clips but not others. Huzzah!
on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:05:44 am

[Dwight Cenac] "I didn't see any forum for FCPX support anywhere,"

well sure,

the programme may be a horrible, chrome heavy, incoherent, sluggish, buggy mess of hubristic we know better FUBAR gifted from the apple death star to editing over the corpse of a usable editing system, but, still and all, there actually is a techniques forum, wearing heavy iron gloves, set to deal with the hideous dayglo offal carbunkle apple barfed onto the world of editing.

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

yesss potentially great system, databases or something, av foundation is the antimatter warp drive, node view linking relational compositor bull, meta data, scrubbing blew my mind, meta data, meta data, meta data, blarg, blarg, blarg, blarg, blarg.

oh little troll me, I do not like this software.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Dwight Cenac
on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:16:31 am

Ah, see? Another glowing piece of evidence that I am both blind and dumb. Thanks for the link!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:27:55 am

I guess we should should just try to guess what your media and your system is. I'll start with some kind of Mac mini.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Dwight Cenac
on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:15:44 am

All of the files are the same format, industry standard P2 files imported right off my Panasonic HVX200 onto the latest i7 iMac running Lion 10.6.8. Oh, did I mention I'm working on Final Cut Pro X? Did I need to mention that? Does that help? Oh, and the monitor's REALLY big. Does that help? I also did this while eating home made fried rice and veggies. Actually, I didn't. I don't eat until after 3pm when I've worked out my cardio. Does that help? Anything else you might have to guess, let me know. My favorite color is rainbow.

I'm sorry. I thought the fact that the program is picking and choosing how to treat files despite the fact that they are the all the same (and not corrupt) would be evident enough that it's a problem with Pro X and not what machine I'm on.

But I will be the first to admit that I'm an absolute moron when it comes to Apple products. And sometimes, I'm just a moron. I usually work with Premiere Pro for this very reason.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:51:17 am

What's in the compound clip?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]