FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul O'Connell
Log and Transfer problems
on May 20, 2011 at 9:13:36 pm

Hello

It seems I'm having intermittent problems with Log and Transform. Which is it is not transferring the whole clip. For example a 7:52 will have only 5:32 of it captured. I had tried unchecking "remove advance pulldown and duplicate frames" that someone had suggested. It worked at first but then the problem came back. It's basically a 50/50 shot if it's going to be successful.

Background:
FCP 7.0.3
O.S 10.5.8

I'm transferring Canon 5D clips(H.264) and importing them Apple pro res 422. I'm also changing the name of the clip

Thank You

Paul

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Log and Transfer problems
on May 20, 2011 at 9:37:43 pm

Wrong forum Paul. This should be posted on the Final Cut Pro Forum, this forum is all about Apple's newest release of FCP version "X" due out in June.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on May 20, 2011 at 9:48:43 pm

Ok.

This is a known bug.

Basically you have to leave fcp alone while ingesting. If you play around in FCp while ingesting, its gonna mess up ur clips and shorten their duration.

And yes, this shud be asked in FCP forum, this forum is for pure speculation purposes!

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Paul O'Connell
on May 20, 2011 at 9:50:17 pm

Thanks Sohrab

I'll leave it alone

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]