FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thanks FCPX.... my After Effects rust is gone

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Woodhead
Thanks FCPX.... my After Effects rust is gone
on Sep 15, 2011 at 11:53:11 pm

Yeah, I admit it, I was falling under the spell of reaching for Motion more and more.... it was just so easy to throw behaviors & emitters around.... baddaboom, baddabing, some shiny bauble to amuse the client. It seemed only when the going got rough was I reaching for After Effects.

Now, with the switch to Premiere, I'm popping up AFX for all kinds of quick little things. Got my shortcut cobwebs swept out, and it's like getting to know an old friend all over again.

Thanks, FCPX.

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
Quantel-Avid-FCP-3D-AFX-Crayola
Panasonic HPX500/AF100

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Thanks FCPX.... my After Effects rust is gone
on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:08:35 am

Careful... FCPX is so revolutionary it will even make you a better AFX user as a result...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 16, 2011 at 5:14:05 am

Media100 made me an AE user years ago!

Return to posts index

Esteban Gonzalez
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:26:08 pm

No "send to motion" option pretty much has killed the previous work flow I had. I do a lot of green screen shoots and I can still do them in FCP X but liked the extra control provided by Motion previously. I have given FCP X a fair shot, but will now go ahead and give Premiere and After Effects a try again - last used with CS4.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Sep 16, 2011 at 9:41:13 pm

The Dynamic Link thing in PPro-AFX; MAKE SURE YOU START WITH A SINGLE AFX FILE AND STICK WITH IT FOR THE ENTIRE PPRO PROJECT.

Yes, I shouted that. It's really darn important. Don't be saving multiple AFX files for different parts of the PPro project... it'll end bad. Like Earth splits in two, fire spits out and we all have to board Vogon spaceships bad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]