FORUMS: list search recent posts

An interesting article about Steve Jobs.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
An interesting article about Steve Jobs.
on Sep 3, 2011 at 7:57:03 pm

Just came across this article on internet. I thought it was interesting, so sharing it with fellow cow members.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/the-mystery-of-steve-jobss-public-gi...

Sohrab

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
Re: An interesting article about Steve Jobs.
on Sep 4, 2011 at 4:06:08 pm

It's funny when reading these types of articles, not the first, where it's always stated, "his products have given so much to the world, that's his philanthropy!"...

lol...

I mean come on! As Carlin said, "Everyone's got a cell phone that'll make pancakes and rub their balls now"....which has led to the dismissal of the things that really matter with a pathological obsession of toys and gadgets...

Not a slight, just an observation.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Sep 5, 2011 at 12:18:15 am

I think it very unlikely that mr. Jobs has not made his own personal, future considerations with regard to his accrued wealth. he lived in an almost completely unfurnished house for many years. He drew no salary at apple for many years.
However I think he is unlikely, in his lifetime, to be an image based giver in the style of buffet or gates. His own determinations could well become apparent later.

I pretty much love the story of him spotted walking out onto his lawn greeting Larry Ellison, when Ellison turned up with an insanely expensive car. Himself and ellison are, by all accounts, great mates. Jobs has had his SLK for a while.

I also love the story his neighbour tells of Jobs greeting them at the side door of the yard in his house at Halloween. Steve Jobs had decked himself as frankenstein for the evening and greeted his neighbour by name. her young son thought his mother the coolest thing for Jobs to have nodded grinning asking her into the gaff that evening.

I think it is a wee bit unseemly, (although the NYT article says they are at pains not to be, given his health considerations,) to call into question his intentions with regard to the disbursement of his wealth, given that he may well feel it something that can be properly triggered and executed at the time of his passing. I would dearly wish this to be a bit far off in the distance myself.

In the main I wish him very good health.

he is ill and deserves due consideration and respect.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Eduardo Serrano
on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:01:38 pm

That's the thing. Everytime i read an article like this one I remember that Christianity invented the whole concept of purgatory back in the middle age, I mean, come on, mr. Gates is to be commended for being a great human being just because he donated a lot of money for this fund? So, now, because of this we should all forget about Microsoft behavioral mistakes? I learned a lot from apple, not only because they invented the PC, but they tought me to "think different" and to be different as well. They were the first ones to make it easy for us mortals to use a computer. Apple is one of the most progressive business in the industry but they don't go out shouting their names to everyone. That's, by the way, the way mr. Christ tought the christians to behave, wasn't it? I might be wrong coz It's been a while I attended to religious classes.

As a reminder, one video apple put out without much fanfarre.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]