FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Put Back on Sale?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Daugherty
FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 2, 2011 at 6:12:01 pm

http://sdfcpug.com/fcpwp/2011/09/fcp7-back/

Apple FCP Studio 3 is back on sale...
Final Cut Studio, part number MB642Z/A, is again available for $999 (and $899 for educational customers). The product is only available through the 800-number and is not available in Apple Retail Stores or on the Apple Online Store. 1-800-MY-APPLE.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/01/apple-puts-legacy-final-cut-pro-studio-...

James Daugherty
President SDFCPUG.com


Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23:52 pm

There are already several threads regarding this.
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1141917
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/15018
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1141919

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com


"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?


Return to posts index

James Daugherty
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:06:12 pm

SORRY!!!

James Daugherty
President SDFCPUG.com


Return to posts index


Morten Ranmar
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 3, 2011 at 5:45:31 am

Not irrelevant on this forum, as this probably means we are going to wait longer time for next release of FCPX!

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Server w. X-Raid


Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 5, 2011 at 7:48:24 pm

I'm on FCP 6, would spending $299.00 for the FCP 7 upgrade be a big advantage for me or should I take the $299.00 and put that towards the special promo being offered from Adobe for the Creative Production Bundle.


Return to posts index

Robert Brown
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 5, 2011 at 11:23:04 pm

FCP 7 was a very minor upgrade. The best thing really was the speed change setting had a ripple or not option. Other the that you really had to look to find what they added. I'd invest towards something else if I were you.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos


Return to posts index


Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:43:16 am

Something else to think about- FCP6 doesn't work in Lion, FCP7 does. If you want to keep up to date, then might be a consideration :)

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Freelance Editor,
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
http://www.depictproductions.co.uk

Sony Z5, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800), with Elgato Turbo H264HD.





Return to posts index

Dominic Husband
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 2:44:11 pm

Spoke to Apple. They're not offering the upgrade edition, just the full one. :(


Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 2:52:28 pm

Which is frankly silly. Although if it's taken you 2 years to upgrade, then there must be limits to how much they can be blamed...

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Freelance Editor,
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
http://www.depictproductions.co.uk

Sony Z5, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800), with Elgato Turbo H264HD.





Return to posts index


Dominic Husband
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:19:04 pm

Yeah, I hear you! ;)

I was in my early days as a freelance in London when I got FCStudio 2 and a MacBook Pro with some money I inherited, so finance was a major issue and I couldn't really consider FCStudio"3" when it came out. By the time my career had got going properly and I could afford it, it was getting to the point where a new version was likely to come out.

The companies I mostly work for stayed with FCStudio2 for way more reasons than it's worth going into, so, given they were going to jump straight to an expected "FCP8," I figured I'd wait for "FCP8" as well and buy a new MacBook Pro at the same time.

FCPX launched while I was on holiday and I didn't find out about the row until a week later. Apple's idiocy in not running the old licences longer has severely messed up my plans (and lost them quite a lot of my money, not that they'll care!) I can't upgrade to Lion right now and nothing about FCPX is vaguely attractive to me.

My copy of Premiere Pro CS5.5 arrived last week and apparently a couple of my employers have their Production Premiums on the way.

Realistically, the only reason, most of the time, for me to have FCP7 now is to be able to export projects as xmls to use in Premiere Pro on a new MacBook Pro with Lion! On a practical level I can just about get away with what I've got, but an upgrade edition is something I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for!

Freelance Video Editor
AVID MC, FCP, Premiere Pro (as of last week!)


Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:27:54 pm

Is this not one? http://www.dabs.com/products/apple-final-cut-studio-upgrade-6KGW.html?utm_s...

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Freelance Editor,
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
http://www.depictproductions.co.uk

Sony Z5, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800), with Elgato Turbo H264HD.





Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:28:38 pm

Oh no wait, sorry just saw the 'on order' bit...

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Freelance Editor,
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
http://www.depictproductions.co.uk

Sony Z5, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800), with Elgato Turbo H264HD.





Return to posts index


Jerry Vogt
Re: FCP7 Put Back on Sale?
on Sep 7, 2011 at 2:15:03 am

Well if Apple isn't offering the upgrade then Adobe is it. That was simple


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]