FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will there be Another Preview?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Soriano
Will there be Another Preview?
on May 16, 2011 at 5:57:12 pm

A few more weeks and all the speculation, questions, features, compatibilities, etc. should be answered. Will there be another updated FCPX preview or will Apple simply have it available in the app store in June without further pre-announcements?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Will there be Another Preview?
on May 16, 2011 at 6:33:47 pm

There may be another preview at the MacVideo Expo in London June 9th. Of course the app may be launched by then.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on May 17, 2011 at 12:13:27 am

I say June 20th the very last day of Spring.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on May 17, 2011 at 7:41:45 am

As Tom notes, its been announced that Apple will be presenting "their latest range of video products" at the MacVideo Expo on June 9th in London
http://macvideoexpo11.eventbrite.com/

There is speculation that this may constitute a second preview of FCP X, or perhaps the product launch itself
http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/london-launch-for-final-cut-pro-x/

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on May 17, 2011 at 1:49:42 pm

Sorry meant for the release date to be the last day of spring.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on May 17, 2011 at 4:27:52 pm

Well if history repeats itself, they will release it before the end of their fiscal year. Which is June 21 I think? Might even do a pre release buy so they can cash a pile of cash just before the end of the bookkeeping year. They've done this several times with FCP after NAB preview.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on May 20, 2011 at 1:43:31 pm

Hi Andy

Have you heard anything more about this? The Video Expo site itself makes no mention of Apple (but has AVID as a sponsor - sounds familiar!), and I'm hearing that FCPX won't be out until the end of June at the earliest. I can't make the Supermeet, but I'd be tempted to go to this as an alternative. Might be worth getting a ticket anyway before anything is firmed up, but I'm a little dubious at the moment...

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on May 20, 2011 at 2:07:20 pm

As far as I can tell, the only info available is whats on the Eventbrite page Ben, the blurb on the MacVideo site itself is just the generic wording they put for every event ... the sponsors are specific tho, but would likely sponsor regardless or even especially if Apple are there as it guarantees a sellout hence more folks looking at their banner, talking to them at their booth/table etc.

The Supermeet should be fun as everyone will be able to talk / argue about what hopefully will already be a released product. The MacVideo Expo may or may not offer a new / updated sneak peek at what coming ... or even the full reveal itself ... or not ... who knows? Wish I was going to either as there's going to be loads of folks I'd like to catch up with at both events regardless, but sadly neither are on the cards for me at the moment.

Hope you get to go.
Andy

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on May 20, 2011 at 8:38:37 pm

Yeah - I'm hearing no Apple demos in June, nothing at these shows of FCP X. I might go anyway - I bought a couple of tickets on the off-chance and maybe to 'network' (not that I find it makes any difference to my business). Would have been nice to see it in person, maybe get a few more details - but these may be forthcoming anyway, just not at a show...

Shame you can't go - would have been nice to meet a fellow COW in person for once! Chances are, some job will keep me away as well...

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on May 17, 2011 at 4:41:18 pm

Do you really need another preview?
It's 300 bucks, not like it's going to break the bank to try it out.
And based on all the positive reviews/postings it's gotten so far, seems like you can't go wrong. There are hundreds of folks on this forum alone that will be downloading it at 12:01 am on release day to be the first to actually try it out.
It would be a different story if you had to pay well over 1K for software, and then years later there were still features that didn't work right despite several updates.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 17, 2011 at 5:25:24 pm

[Scott Sheriff] "Do you really need another preview?"

I can certainly understand the desire for another preview Scott. The sneak was not very satisfying for many users, with absolutely no information about the disposition of Color, STP, DVDSP, Plugins, etc., and there's a strong desire to know more. And, I believe the Apple developers actually promised to show more in the interim between the sneak and the release.

Knowledge is power, so it seems quite reasonable that a lot of FCP users want to know more about FCP X to clarify some of the rumors and to give them a better idea whether it may or may not fit in with their long-established workflows.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on May 17, 2011 at 5:41:20 pm

Randy didn't show any of the most basic functionality of how you edit with this thing. How do you select pieces for your timeline and how do you get them into the timeline? It had better not be drag select and drag and drop to the timeline.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 20, 2011 at 3:30:17 pm

[David Roth Weiss] " absolutely no information about the disposition of Color"

Oh, I think we have seen enough to figure out the disposition of COLOR to within about 6 decimal places.

With an auto-balance, auto-match and user shape imbedded in the three-way... eliminating the round trip (which is 99% of the problems with the FCS/COLOR "integration"), there is no need to speculate.

Its been "SHAKE"'d.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Brian Cantwell
on May 20, 2011 at 4:57:55 pm

I have it reliably that the release has been delayed to late June, this could change again, if there is another preview all it will be is a rehash of the NAB supermeet presentation, so nothing new there. MacVideo may have announced that Apple are a no show – something about WWDC, nice recovery.

Brian Cantwell
CEO Soho Editors Training (UK)
Apple Authorised Training Centre [AATC]
Leading People In Media

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 17, 2011 at 5:58:37 pm

[Scott Sheriff] "Do you really need another preview?"

Absolutely! The FCPX forum has been very quiet over the last few weeks, and I miss the entertainment.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on May 18, 2011 at 2:04:22 am

[Walter Soyka] "Absolutely! The FCPX forum has been very quiet over the last few weeks, and I miss the entertainment."

Exactly. The quality and quantity of the speculation round these parts is nowhere near satisfying enough lately :-)

Return to posts index

Jay Soriano
Re: Will there be Another Preview? maybe not...
on May 20, 2011 at 8:09:33 pm

well there goes that...

http://www.macvideo.tv/

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on May 21, 2011 at 12:45:58 am

Lol ... oh well. Got to be hugely disappointing for the MacVideo team but I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. But I bet they sold a whole bunch more tickets than usual :-)

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on May 22, 2011 at 11:29:31 pm

Very nice ticket sale boost, awfully convenient.

Anyway, I'm also hearing reliably there will be no more demos in June (apparently this was always the case) and X may be out in July.

I think I'll save the trainfare to London.

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]