FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCX upromised pgrade to be free or not?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
FCX upromised pgrade to be free or not?
on Aug 30, 2011 at 5:16:41 am

After all the fuzz with 1.0 one would suppose thay the promised upgrade be free, right?
I for one thing have not got any usage of the 1.0 purchase, especially since it won't install on any of our 2 Macpros (2008), so I have only played a little with it on my aging MBP.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Server w. X-Raid

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: FCX upromised pgrade to be free or not?
on Aug 30, 2011 at 5:32:16 am

One doesn't know for sure but my hunch is that there will be a bug fix update coming soon and that will probably be free. There may be a more involved upgrade down the line . . . but I personally can't help but think that one will be free as well. Note that the App Store has no paid updates. it's either free or a new full price purchase (unless Apple changes this policy) so I can't imagine Apple would charge $300 for another upgrade any time soon.

Return to posts index

Leighton Oosthuisen
on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:12:55 am

As ridiculous as this sounds, Apple should have made 1.0 a Beta version, with all the issues I am having.
And Im trying really hard not to bash it, but have been trying to work in X for a week, and currently average 80-100 crashes a day. Fortunately nothing lost but time.
This on a MPro, and a 2010 iMac 27".

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:25:57 am

The number of bugs I'm running into don't seem out of the ordinary for a 1.0 or major upgrade in some products including major OS upgrades. I'm not getting many crashes but those beach balls are painful.

If you travel down the road about what's a beta then you get into speculation about "hard" release dates and why they happen. I have my own speculation on that which I've posted elsewhere. I do think Apple for various reasons had a "hard" release date they eventually locked themselves into.

I've certainly been productive with it on MacPro 2008 with GPU upgraded to ATI 5770.

Return to posts index

John Joyce
on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:05:35 pm

The number of bugs I'm running into don't seem out of the ordinary for a 1.0 or major upgrade in some products including major OS upgrades

I think I am beginning to understand Apple's philosophy: BOGU.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BOGU

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]