FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clapboard on the iPad in the Final Cut Pro X Demo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andree Franks
Clapboard on the iPad in the Final Cut Pro X Demo
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:14:52 pm

Hey hey,

anybody that seen the Final Cut Pro X demo, did you see the clapboard app on the iPad?
I wonder what that is all about?
Don't have a iPad yet but that looks like a App to get, no? Or wait is it part of Final Cut Pro X?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Clapboard on the iPad in the Final Cut Pro X Demo
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:34:38 pm

I haven't seen the demo, but Movieslate on iPad is slick. Even sends/receives LTC.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:03:36 pm

We've occasionally done iPad slating. It works very well in some lighting conditions, poorly in others. In very dark shots with a fast lens that's wide open, for instance, you can sometimes entirely blow out the screen, to the point where you can't make out text. And outside there can be reflection problems.

Digital Workflow/Colorist
Nice Dissolve Digital Cinema

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:22:41 pm

[Chris Kenny] " In very dark shots with a fast lens that's wide open, for instance, you can sometimes entirely blow out the screen, to the point where you can't make out text. And outside there can be reflection problems."

That's true of any slate, digital or analog.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Apr 14, 2011 at 11:25:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "That's true of any slate, digital or analog."

Sure, but it's worse with a slate that's a backlit glossy screen.

Digital Workflow/Colorist
You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read First thoughts on Final Cut Pro X on our blog.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:30:44 pm

[Chris Kenny] "Sure, but it's worse with a slate that's a backlit glossy screen."

Have to admit it caught my eye, too, and wondered about its on-set performance. True, all slates have issues and I've had to swing around correction settings in order to read anything during over - or under-exposed takes.

Speaking of swinging things around though, I expect you have to turn the "orientation" off, so that a tail-slate is actually upside down... I'll have to look into this. I always had trouble reading the upside-down time code quickly, or more quickly than it took to flip the scans on the URSA, which was discouraged because of CRT burn in.

Too bad there's nothing to physically "clap".

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]