FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPx Glitch? Composition Settings do not work when retiming a clip.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Ohmit
FCPx Glitch? Composition Settings do not work when retiming a clip.
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:03:58 pm

I have an animation clip that I am overlaying on a white background. Set me composition settings to Darken and it looks great. Then I went in and retimed the clip, and now the composition settings have NO effect. I have tried changing to different settings, turning it off and turning it back on. Regardless, it acts as though the composition settings are turned off.

Is this a(nother) software glitch or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPx Glitch? Composition Settings do not work when retiming a clip.
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:14:12 pm

[Tom Ohmit] "s this a(nother) software glitch or am I missing something?"

Seems to work here, but I don't have an Animation movie on hand. Does it have transparency by chance?

Perhaps a bug, Try making the clip a compound, then open the clip in timeline, retime, then add the composite mode back in the full timeline.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Ohmit
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:20:45 pm

I just discovered that none of my composite changes are working, even on a different clip in a different storyline.

I just tried compounding the clip and changing the composition settings both in compound timeline and the primary timeline, but no change. I don't know what happened, but composition settings don't seem to work AT ALL anymore. :(

So much for making money. This project is taking WAY too long. I should have stuck with FCP6.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:35:39 pm

[Tom Ohmit] "I just discovered that none of my composite changes are working, even on a different clip in a different storyline."

Well, you said you have a white background?

What exactly are you trying to do?

Return to posts index

Tom Ohmit
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:51:40 pm

I've figured something out....still struggling to make it look right.

- Composition Settings do NOT work in a Storyline. It wasn't the retiming that broke it, it was putting it into a story line, which I did to this and other clips in order to be able to put a transition on them.

- I can't add a transition to the clip unless it is in a Storyline or a Compound clip.

- Transitions do NOT work in Compound Clips - for the duration of the transition, the clip is solid black, and then suddenly comes on after the transition is over or the transition just has no effect.

The only solution I can find to this is to add a white fill generator than I can apply a transition to and lay it over the top, but it's not going to look the way I want it to.

yes, this portion of the video is an off-white background and I am trying to eliminate the pure white background of the animation clip I am using - normal solution is setting composite to darken or multiply. FCPx just added about 15 steps to accomplish this.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:00:22 pm

[Tom Ohmit] "- Composition Settings do NOT work in a Storyline."

Hmm, I can't boot in to FCPx at the moment, but I know they work in the primary storyline. Can't see why they wouldn't work in a secondary.

[Tom Ohmit] "yes, this portion of the video is an off-white background and I am trying to eliminate the pure white background of the animation clip I am using "

So you have the primary story line with a clip in it, an off white BG, and then your animation movie on top, and those last tow clips are in a secondary?

Then you set the composite mode of the animation and it won't change? Something seems off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]