Avid MC5.5 to be the next featured presentation at local FCPUG

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Sheriff
Avid MC5.5 to be the next featured presentation at local FCPUG
on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:06:23 pm

Here is an email I received regarding the next DFCPUG meeting:

August DFCPUG Meeting – 08.23.2011

Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at The Colorado Film School on the soundstage. Mixer starts at 6:00pm and the presentations will begin at 6:30pm.

Please note that this meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23rd.

At this meeting, AVID will be presenting Media Composer 5.5. As always there will be lots of raffle prizes and software giveaways including AVID Media Composer for the Mac. AND!!!!! there's going to be pizza served for free too!

Edit projects faster and in ways you never thought possible. Media Composer 5.5 is now more open and interactive than ever, so you can work with practically any media format and expand your capabilities with options from Avid and third-party manufacturers. Media Composer goes where other video editing systems leave off. Edit the way you want—in real time—using full-featured, ACE-certified editorial and creative tools. Experience the fastest file-based workflows on Earth. Collaborate easily with video and audio editors. Get dependable, industry-proven media management. Save time—and money—with unique workflows and options. And more!

I wonder if they will be the next FCPUG to migrate to a less Final Cut-centric existance?

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Avid MC5.5 to be the next featured presentation at local FCPUG
on Aug 25, 2011 at 7:12:25 pm

Avid has been pitching to Final Cut Pro User Groups for several years, since I, uhm, started doing this with the first release of Media Composer software in 2006.

(Disclosure: I worked for Avid for 3 years before coming to the COW, and my role in the Media Composer software release remains a proud moment.)

It seemed obvious at the time. A lot of current FCP users are former Avid editors, or people editing in a mixed FCP-Avid environment. Unencumbered software was old news for FCP of course, but genuinely new news for Avid.

It was also an opportunity to underscore that there are some good reasons why people still use Media Composer, and that, especially at this price, it was silly not to have it in your bag of tricks.

I invariably got very positive reactions, at least because I was a known FCP guy. Working for Boris FX at the time, I had been going to these same FCP user groups since the beginning (including the 3rd ever meeting of LAFCPUG in 2000 and the first ever of meetings of FCP groups in Boston and New York a couple of years later), and had no interest in even hinting at disrespect. The goal wasn't to get people to stop using FCP. It was simply to have them add Media Composer to their bag of tricks.

The reaction I invariably got was, "Wow, I had no idea it could do that. When is Apple going to add this to Final Cut Pro?" I smiled and suggested they ask Apple.

Five years later, and the environment is a little different. I guarantee that the Avid folks will still be nothing but respectful...and that the big question from the audience will NOT be, "When is Apple going to add this to FCP?"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]