FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to import from DV cam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Ohmit
Unable to import from DV cam
on Aug 19, 2011 at 10:44:51 pm

Title says it all - everything appears to be working perfectly, but upon completion of the import there is no clip in the event or project bins, or whatever they call it now. I've also navigated to the project folder in Finder and there is no clip there either.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going wrong?

I just left my employer, and thus my copy of FCS2. I'm trying to use FCPx to work on some new projects, but I'm about ready to throw it out the window - if you could throw software out the window. Either way, it's pretty frustrating.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Unable to import from DV cam
on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:04:44 am

It's hard to say without seeing it first hand. However, media isn't stored in the project folder. It's stored in the Final Cut Events/Original Media folder. The project folder contains the project.

Make sure you have the correct event selected when you import or start a new one. Make sure you're aware of the drive you are importing to, and whether you have enough space on it.

Confirming all that, you can try deleting your preferences to see if a corruption is preventing FCP X from seeing the file. You also need to confirm whether a file is actually being digitized. You may be able to do a finder search for recent files.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Tom Ohmit
on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:44:02 am

Thank you for the feedback. I meant the Final Cut Events folder is where I am looking in Finder. I see the event I created for this clip, but the clip is not in there. A Finder search reveals nothing.

I will try trashing the prefs, but I just installed the software - I can't see how they could be corrupt.

Return to posts index

Tom Ohmit
on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:09:52 am

Just following up...

This problem turned out to be a hard drive issue. Once I booted from my Snow Leopard backup and continued to have problems I knew something was up. A simple disk repair of my external scratch disk did the trick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]