FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting vhs hi8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Schot
exporting vhs hi8
on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:29:11 pm

Hello, i am a finalcut pro user and i cant find how i can exporting the best settings for diverent exentions like i vhs to dvd snd hi8 to dvd. I am from the Netherlands. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: exporting vhs hi8
on Aug 19, 2011 at 9:43:43 pm

Ronald, I don't quite understand your question. Do you want to convert old materials you have on VHS and Hi8 to DVD? If so, this is probably not the right place for this question. Not that I won't help you. Also, what do you mean by extensions? File extensions? Are you trying to figure out a conversion format between your analog tapes and DVD? Or are you asking what file format you need to render to to go to DVD? Could you clarify what you are trying to do?

Return to posts index

Ronald Schot
on Aug 20, 2011 at 8:50:54 am

Dear Chris.
I am sorry if this is not the right forum. I am also sorry for my bad English. My homeland is the Netherlands.

I import VHS and Hi8 with roxio capture VHS to DVD. I can not import the files directly into final cut pro. So I use media steam to convert them into .mov That is one problem because it was less complex and time consuming if i could the mpeg files into Final Cut Pro. After i import the files, in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3, and i had to make changes in to the original file i have to render the video and the audio. I don't no if the setting for render are good.

If i save the files i don't know what the export setting has to be.
In one of your replay's to someone else i reed the compressing setting was to 90 minutes dvd i could not find these settings.
The exported files that i made, are terrible. I know that VHS has less pixels than hi8, but the exported flies from my hi8 export are also terrible. I hope that you will help my to get the right import and export settings to DVD.

Again sorry Ronald

Return to posts index

Ronald Schot
on Aug 20, 2011 at 3:14:29 pm

Dear Chris.
I am sorry if this is not the right forum. I am also sorry for my bad English. My homeland is the Netherlands.

I import VHS and Hi8 with roxio capture VHS to DVD. I can not import the files directly into final cut pro. So I use media steam to convert them into .mov That is one problem because it was less complex and time consuming if i could the mpeg files into Final Cut Pro. After i import the files, in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3, and i had to make changes in to the original file i have to render the video and the audio. I don't no if the setting for render are good.

If i save the files i don't know what the export setting has to be.
In one of your replay's to someone else i reed the compressing setting was to 90 minutes dvd i could not find these settings.
The exported files that i made, are terrible. I know that VHS has less pixels than hi8, but the exported flies from my hi8 export are also terrible. I hope that you will help my to get the right import and export settings to DVD.

Again sorry Ronald

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Aug 20, 2011 at 5:12:54 pm

Ronald, do you have compressor, or just FCP X?

Return to posts index

Ronald Schot
on Aug 20, 2011 at 5:41:52 pm

Chris, i have only final cut pro 7.3.0.

Greets Ronald

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Aug 20, 2011 at 6:29:40 pm

[Ronald Schot] "Chris, i have only final cut pro 7.3.0."

Ah. This is a FCP X forum, but, are you sending your timelines or files to compressor? In Compressor, you'll find the DVD settings you seem to not be finding. They are there as default files.

Return to posts index

Ronald Schot
on Aug 21, 2011 at 7:41:25 am

Chris,

I found the compressor, but must i render my project and send it to the compressor?

Greets Ronald

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Aug 21, 2011 at 7:19:25 pm

Ronald, you can send it directly from the timeline. Look for "send to" in the drop down menus under file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]