FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Copy Media Preference

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Wells
Problem with Copy Media Preference
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:16:42 am

My problem is that while I have the preference for copying media into the events folder unselected, FCP X still tries to copy the media. It's pretty frustrating, as I don't want duplicates of my media.

In this case, my event folder, project folder, and media are all on the same drive. I would like to retain storage of the media files in a separate folder, and theoretically FCP X should create an alias of that file in my events folder. For some projects, this is working. In others, it copies my media. I can stop it manually in the background process window, but it resumes the next time FCP X opens.

It seems others are having the same or similar problems, but not sure if anyone has found a solution. I have uninstalled and re-installed FCP X, formatted my HD and reinstalled Lion/FCP X, but the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Wells
Emergent Pictures
http://www.emergentpictures.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Problem with Copy Media Preference
on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:50:10 am

If your media is not QuickTime based, fcpx will create QT media no matter what.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30:52 am

Sounds like you've applied some extreme measures to try and resolve your issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling FCP X and Lion and reformatting drives all take up a lot of time.

I'm able to reference XDCAM HD422 files successfully but as Jeremy Garchow points out these have quicktime wrapper. ( .MOV )

I pre transcode all my files to XDCAM HD422 or ProRes 422 (L) before referencing them in FCP X and have not had any problems.

It would be useful to know what media you are referring to.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wells
on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:09:02 pm

Thanks for the responses. Everything is ProRes 422 (1920x1080/24p).

Kevin Wells
Emergent Pictures
http://www.emergentpictures.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]