FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't import sony video into mac computer running FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian boyce
can't import sony video into mac computer running FCP X
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:31:04 am

Cannot import AVCHD video from Sony NEX-VG10 into Lion system on Mac. Have tried "direct cable import" from camera, "Card" and "Image Capture". Have not yet downloaded FCP update. Must wait a few more days to do this. Ian Boyce

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: can't import sony video into mac computer running FCP X
on Aug 17, 2011 at 7:18:47 am

You mean you haven't got the extra content that comes with FCP? Without it you don't have all the codecs you need.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

ian boyce
on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:39:48 am

Dear Tom,
I sincerely thank you for your attention to my problem of bringing in the video clips to my Mac with Lion.

You wrote:
"You mean you haven't got the extra content that comes with FCP? Without it you don't have all the codecs you need."

Where do I find the "extra content"? I have downloaded the latest upgrade and am perfectly up to date.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Aug 25, 2011 at 6:16:56 am

So what are you doing and what happens when you do it? Is the media on a memory card? Does the card mount on the desktop? Do you see the card in FCP? What happens when you select it?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]