FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Spencer
Compressor 4
on Aug 15, 2011 at 2:02:36 pm

Does Compressor 4 work with FCP6 projects?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Compressor 4
on Aug 15, 2011 at 3:07:59 pm

Work with how? if you export from FCP6 you can take the export file to the Compressor 4.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Aug 15, 2011 at 4:45:10 pm

[Tom Wolsky] "Work with how?"

I'm assuming the OP means does Compressor 4 work directly with FCP6 such as the "Export using Compressor" in FCS2.
My guess is no.
Actually if you already have FCS2 just keep using what you have. Other than a slightly updated UI, and some presets for YT, FB, etc, it's really just the same old Compressor. Doesn't look like it's 64 bit either. Compressor 4 is really only useful for those that haven't already bought one of the suites previously and don't have a compression utility.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

Jason Spencer
on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:16:03 pm

I'd love to use what I have. The problem is I cannot. I have FC Studio 2. Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 and Compressor 3.0.5.

Last week when I set out to export using Compressor I had a screen saying, "Please restart your computer or verify your Compressor installation is correct."

I called Apple, they offer no support, not even the $99 support on this version. I received an Apple webpage showing me how to uninstall and reinstall Compressor, which I did, to no avail. Same problem. This is why I wanted to know if Compressor 4 would accept a FCP6 export (the answer -- NO). So now I don't know what to do.

I don't want to go to X. Any suggestions on fixing my Compressor issue?

Return to posts index

Jason Spencer
on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:33:04 pm

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Thanks to Compressor Repair from Digital Rebellion. Wow! I sound like an ad. It found the simple issue, for some reason Compressor couldn't see my computer name. I had to "name the computer" so Compressor could ... I don't know, but there was nothing in the CLUSTER pull-down before you submit a job. After you name the computer in System Preferences it has something to put in the CLUSTER pull down. I hope this helps someone else.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:23:08 pm

[Jason Spencer] "Thanks to Compressor Repair from Digital Rebellion. Wow! I sound like an ad. It found the simple issue, for some reason Compressor couldn't see my computer name. I had to "name the computer" so Compressor could ... I don't know, but there was nothing in the CLUSTER pull-down before you submit a job. After you name the computer in System Preferences it has something to put in the CLUSTER pull down. I hope this helps someone else."

Glad to hear that worked out well and you didn't have to waste 50 bucks buying something you already own.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]