FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has FCP X lost Batch Export as well?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick ralph
Has FCP X lost Batch Export as well?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 2:55:55 pm

is there a way to batch export sequences out of fcp x? i used to use this all the time in FCP legacy versions, and now I am in the interface I can't find a way of doing it. Surely I don't have to highlight every sequence (sorry, project) and export them individually? thats a real step back if so,

been using fcpx quite a bit and generally really like it. its fast and solid - however I do miss a few things!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Has FCP X lost Batch Export as well?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:31:35 pm

Yes, it has. Good feature request, which I'm pretty can be added back in.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:41:26 pm

I'm assuming batch export went with the ability to select via in and out points what you want to export.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

Roger Abrego
on Sep 7, 2013 at 6:53:52 am

The same here.
I've tried 3 different things:

Creating a new user - worked , but after some time the same problem again.
Trashing preferences using X Manager - same.
Repairing disk permission - didn't work at all.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:20:12 am

You suppose Use Compressor now, more than X in general, you can send multiple "Events/Projects" to compressor at a time. Hope that helps.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Nick ralph
on Aug 11, 2011 at 9:39:49 am

ok. if you can send multiple projects out to compressor, that makes sense i suppose. i'd rather do it from within FCPX so i hope they add that back.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:17:46 pm

[Nick ralph] "ok. if you can send multiple projects out to compressor, that makes sense i suppose. i'd rather do it from within FCPX so i hope they add that bac"

If would be nice if they did, but Apple most likely wont add it to X cause that would mean your average consumer wouldn't have to purchase the 50$ Compressor program, they'll most-likely leave it out for that reason alone

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Nick ralph
on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:39:54 pm

well tried it via compressor and it is about 5-7 times slower per render than going straight out of the program. which was just the reason i always avoided "send to compressor" in legacy versions.

so basically "send to compressor" is terrible solution to batch export. apple please put this back.

Return to posts index

Tapio Haaja
on Aug 12, 2011 at 8:36:17 pm

Yes it seems Compressor is not using rendered files from projects and is rendering everything from scratch and that's why it takes so long...

Best
Tapio Haaja

On-Air Promotion Producer
http://avseikkailuja.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index

Ray Wang
on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:28:48 pm

How did you send multiple projects to Compressor?

I am unable to select more than one project at a time.

---
Ray

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:31:52 pm

You don't. There is no batch function in FCP. You can export each project, and then batch process the master files in Compressor.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Rocco Richardson
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:05:30 am

If there is no batch export from FCP X and your suggesting sending each export (i'm assuming to a .mov) just using the Command-E export option...that would take HOURS AND HOURS for a project that had say 100 seperate (approx. 5min) videos.

I shoot long concerts and need to take the 5 hour show and cut out each song to post for my company. It ends up being about 5-7 min. per song. I am shooting in AVCHD @ 720P. One of my projects with a simple text credit in and out, is approx. 1.5gb and takes about 7min to "export" then your saying I have to bring all those 1.5gb files into compressor in order to "Batch compress" them down to 9mb files??? This seems insane and not practical at all. Am I missing something, I am a very VERY novice user of both shooting and editing. I was using Premiere Pro 4 on a windows PC and I could export each sequence to encoder and hit go, come back in about two hours and I was done. Have I screwed myself by switching to FCPX?? Do people NEVER do this?? That is send multiple projects or "sequences" at a time? I thought this would be common. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Soren Pearson
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:56:17 am

Hi,

I just filed a bug report via bugreporter.apple.com about this feature request.

11-Apr-2012 09:47 PM Soren Pearson:
Summary:
In Final Cut Pro 7, we had the ability to batch export clips and sequences at one time and to select via in and out points what you want to export. (http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=110%26section=1%26tasks=true)

In Final Cut Pro 10, we lost this functionality. Please consider adding this feature along with the ability to select via in and out points what you want to export.

Steps to Reproduce:
N/A

Expected Results:
N/A

Actual Results:
N/A

Regression:
N/A

Notes:
N/A

I will keep you posted on what they say.

Return to posts index

Rocco Richardson
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:18:44 pm

I filed one with Apple back in December of 2011. They have released three updates since then, and this was not included. Granted the updates they made are tremendous, and possibly more important. I was able to get a work around going from kind posters here.

I now use "Export Using Compressor Settings" with background rendering turned on, and I deselect the option to open compressor. This allows you to send each project (be it one at a time....) to the export queue, they will only process one at a time, but you can keep adding to queue, and keep working in FCPX.

Return to posts index

Soren Pearson
on Apr 13, 2012 at 11:44:43 pm

Apple replied and said that it is a known issues and is currently being investigated. They also said it was a follow up. It could have been a follow up to your report that you submitted in December 2011.

Looks like good news and hope this feature makes it into the next version of FCP 10.

Return to posts index

Greg Lindsey
on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:00:03 pm

A workaround is to use Xto7 to export a project XML from FCP X into FCP 7, or even 6 which I'm using, and then use the batch export function from the older version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]