FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin lewis
Moving media
on Aug 3, 2011 at 7:35:13 pm

HI,

I am currently moving media off my internal drive on to a external drive and I am having a few problems with one project.

The Event is using reference files and it is these that are causing the problem as i can move the project and event to the new drive but if i move the original files i can not link them again.

I thought i could consolidate the project and Bring the whole event media with it but if i try this I just get the message "The selected project and the events it refers to are already in the same location" is there any way to move this media with out loosing my whole cut???? why wouldn't it give me the option to where i want to consolidate the media to?

thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Moving media
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:25:48 pm

Try dragging the media files into the Event again once you change drives. They should relink.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
Re: Moving media
on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:46:44 pm

SO drag the Original files in to the event within FCP X or within finder??

If you mean in finder at the moment it is using Reference files and I would like to keep it that way, any way i can fix those reference files or make new ones?

And if you mean drag back in to my event in FCPX won't that just make new clips meaning my edit will still not connect?

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]