FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can FCP X import 60p clips directly without using programs like Clipwrap to re-wrap the footage? from panasonic tm700 sdt750 specifically

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
Can FCP X import 60p clips directly without using programs like Clipwrap to re-wrap the footage? from panasonic tm700 sdt750 specifically
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:49:07 am

In FCP7 you can't import these clips directly and in Adobe Premiere you can. Did FCP X fix this problem? or do you still have to go through this process?

I film 60p footage on these cameras:
Panasonic TM700 (1080p60)
Panasonic SDT750 (1080p60
GoPro (720p60)
Canon 60D (720p60)

None of the 60p footage from these cameras I use can import directly in FCP7, but can in Premiere. FCP X?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
Re: Can FCP X import 60p clips directly without using programs like Clipwrap to re-wrap the footage? from panasonic tm700 sdt750 specifically
on Aug 3, 2011 at 8:20:32 am

Hi
Since the AVCHD standard has recently been revised to encompass 50/60p frame rates maybe Apple will incorporate that functionality into FCP X in a future revision.

Return to posts index

Dave Chavinsky
Re: Can FCP X import 60p clips directly without using programs like Clipwrap to re-wrap the footage? from panasonic tm700 sdt750 specifically
on Aug 8, 2011 at 5:34:27 pm

Cool, that's what I figured, but wanted to check. Good point about avchd now doing 50p and 60p. What was 60p recorded in before? I always clipwrap it from .mts files

I have to shoot edit and burn in only a few hours so the step of going through clipwrap is just not fast enough for me. But I would like to use the 60p function of my camera for these projects. I'm not going to wait on FCP X though.. too many incomplete aspects of this program when it was released. I'm not investing any money there

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:33:59 am

No, it can't, but there are other re-wrappers besides ClipWrap. I believe there's an inexpensive one on the App Store.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Pete Appleby
on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:01:25 pm

It would be nice, but I'm not expecting any updates to FCP 7 now that FCP X is out.

Clipwrap works ok, just a different workflow and the small expense of buying it.

Please post back if you find out anything new about this. Thanks!

Return to posts index

vince gaffney
on Aug 4, 2011 at 5:38:43 pm

I import 720p 60 into fcp x from a camera archive. You can work with it as h.264 or optimize to pro res on import.

it's Gh2 and af100 footage.

The weirdness is 60p footage exported from FCP 7 as a pro res QT and conformed to 24fps in cinema tools plays slomo in the FCP X event browser but drop it on a 24fps storyline and it plays normal spped.

Return to posts index

Bucky Jones
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:02:31 am

I just need a sanity check from the gurus.

Given a typical computer monitor refreshes 60 times a second and is capable of putting up a different image each frame, shooting with my recently purchased T2i at 720/60p should be perfect.

But FCP, I have v6, either can't handle 60 frames a second on its timeline or doesn't want to.

Also, why is everything tied to NTSC 29.97 fps. What does NTSC have to do with the above mentioned progressive scan monitor?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:52:33 pm

First, are you sure your camera shoots 60fps? Or does it shoot 59.94? It's important you determine that. Second, FCP can edit either 59.94 or 60fps media. You create a project with the frame rate you want.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]