FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving clips when adding transition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marco malaca
moving clips when adding transition
on Aug 1, 2011 at 7:09:46 am

Hi,

when applying transition to between clips.
there are times that the clip at the right of the clip where i applied the transition move, there are times that it doesnt. i cant figure it out when.
please help.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: moving clips when adding transition
on Aug 1, 2011 at 9:21:59 am

they will always move if, in the prefs menu you have full overlap selected, regardless of wether you had enough media or not, which is a bit stupid IMHO.

If you have Available media selected, FCPx will try to apply the transition with what's available and will shorten its duration if available media is shorter than default transition. In this case, unless you are at the very firts frame of the media, it will not move it.

Whilst trying this out, I found out that because the default transition is centered and you can't change that (another stupidity), FCPx needs a minimum of 3 frames to complete a transition.

I have not found a way to make a 2 or 1 frame transition, wether by defaulting it (another stupidity: transitions are expressed in seconds...) or by trimming it.

At least not in PAL 25...

There is a long list of things for Apple to fix...

hope this helps

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer

patrice@monteur.tv

Return to posts index

Andree Franks
on Aug 1, 2011 at 9:15:41 pm

Did I just read that right you want to do or you do a 2 frame transition... 1 frame from clip A and the other 1 frame from clip B?

Return to posts index

marco malaca
on Aug 2, 2011 at 2:59:25 am

Hi Patrice,

thats the answer im looking for.

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]