FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings when importing avchd into fcp x, this material Willy also be used in fcp 7. Optimized or normal?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Svend Haerra
Settings when importing avchd into fcp x, this material Willy also be used in fcp 7. Optimized or normal?
on Jul 30, 2011 at 8:08:56 am

Hi

I have used fcp x til import panasonic AF 101 avchd (1080 25P) these files will be edited in fcp 7. This because I am working in an earlier fcp 7 timeline but like The way fcp x use The meta data to create unike files. I did not use "create optimized files" do I have to import the files once more with this setting? What is the differense on the files?

Svend

Return to posts index

alban egger
Re: Settings when importing avchd into fcp x, this material Willy also be used in fcp 7. Optimized or normal?
on Jul 30, 2011 at 10:29:40 am

"optimized Files" are transcoded to ProRes422

Return to posts index

Svend Haerra
Re: Settings when importing avchd into fcp x, this material Willy also be used in fcp 7. Optimized or normal?
on Jul 30, 2011 at 10:35:00 am

Okay so what is normal import format?

Svend

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:11:50 am

?? Normal import format?

HereĀ“s the import procedure:
1. Import and have everything unchecked:
FCPX creates a 4kb link to your native h.264 file and you edit with it. Done. No import really.

2. Import and have "copy" checked:
FCPX will copy your h.264 file into its own structure. When you start editing you edit the original, when copy is down FCPX will automatically use the copy. If you plan to use the original in another program (like FCP7) I recommend to copy! Otherwise it could be that FCP7 or any other program rights metadata into the original and then FCPX loses the connection!! BEWARE of that!

3. Import and have "optimize" checked
FCPX will transcode your native h.264 into a ProRes file that is stored in its structure. Withh.264 this is the best way to do it, because ProRes is an editing codec and less power consuming on your CPU/GPU.
Again you can edit straight away; FCPX will first use your native material and when COPY and/or transcode are done will switch to the Prores files automatic.

Return to posts index

Svend Haerra
on Jul 30, 2011 at 1:32:59 pm

Okay so fcp x will always first transcode avchd to h264 and then to prores? And not directly from avchd to prores?

Svend

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Jul 30, 2011 at 7:59:31 pm

No, h.264 or AVCHD is the same in that context. Both are used native or transcoded to ProRes depending on your importsettings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]