FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple has more cash than the US Govt.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Brown
Apple has more cash than the US Govt.
on Jul 30, 2011 at 3:37:13 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/07/29/apple.cash.government/ind...

Yeah I can really see how they couldn't afford to have a pro division and a consumer division. It would just cost too much.

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
Re: Apple has more cash than the US Govt.
on Jul 31, 2011 at 6:05:33 pm

Or manufacture their products here...just sayin'. That 50-60% profit (if they did) is just not enough, they need more...and more.......and more.

Pro apps aside, it really is the best indication that they want more for themselves and offer less...

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Apple has more cash than the US Govt.
on Aug 2, 2011 at 4:13:08 pm

My understanding of US Government is faulty, as I am a foreigner to that organization, so I have some gaps in my knowledge about how their balance sheet is composed. I'm betting I'm not alone in this. It would appear (just looking at the raw numbers) that a large component of the Treasury's cash comes from transfers from the Federal Reserve which is, for the most part, a private corporation with token governance by Congress and a tenuous link to the President. That is, it is free to make decisions unencumbered by Congress, even though its executive is appointed by the President and approved by Congress, and paid out of public revenue -- but that's about where the decision-making relationship ends.

In 2010, the Federal Reserve transferred $79 billion (of its $82 billion profit and I'd love to see how that's calculated!) as per obligation. Now mid-year 2011, we see this report. Which might be a bit misleading, especially if someone wanted to make a point about governmental weakness. Its all quite bizarre to me -- with one part of the American fabric intimating that their national executive is the quintessential 95-lb weakling, while another part is livid with rage at how they are being crushed to death by some kind of bullying juggernaut. Its hard to take seriously.

But as far as corporate decision-making goes in the nation's policy.... don't you think it is getting to be about time to start getting afraid? Like, "very" afraid?

Corporations have no responsibilites other than to their shareholders. Shareholders only care about >10% ROI per annum, and the quarterlies had better be there like clockwork. So... if this forum is really a discussion about some fringe element and their pesky little paradigms for self-entertainment... just where might that register on a corporate priority list that financially is at least on a discussion par with the last political Superpower?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]