FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's your favorite conform setting - Floor, Nearest Neighbor, Frame Blending or Optical Flow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Silanskas
What's your favorite conform setting - Floor, Nearest Neighbor, Frame Blending or Optical Flow
on Jul 29, 2011 at 5:59:46 am

Shot some 1080/60p test footage this week and have been doing some test with how FCPX conforms it into a 1080/23.98p timeline. So this question is to anyone that has tried the different conform methods: Which is your favorite?

Floor, Nearest Neighbor, Frame Blending or Optical Flow

I really like the default Floor setting b/c of how fast it is. On a few fast panning shots I switched the clip to Frame Blending for a cleaner result. Can't see much of a difference between Nearest Neighbor and Floor. Optical Flow looks good but waaaaaaayyyy to long to render and not much better/cleaner than Frame Blending on the shots I tested.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: What's your favorite conform setting - Floor, Nearest Neighbor, Frame Blending or Optical Flow
on Jul 29, 2011 at 7:58:05 pm

Are you making 60p in to 24p or are you trying to slow it down for slow motion?

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: What's your favorite conform setting - Floor, Nearest Neighbor, Frame Blending or Optical Flow
on Jul 30, 2011 at 4:52:41 am

Both. I did find out that my 2009 MacBook Pro cannot playback 60p AVCHD h.264 encoded quicktimes in realtime. Lots of stuttering b/c it needs more horsepower. Canon 7D 60p files play OK since they're easier h.264 files to decode in realtime. Time to transcode to ProRes. Just was hoping to not have to always transcode for quick little projects.

And just a quick thanks to the guys that make ClipWrap who helped me figure out my issues with some AVCHD 60p files. Really appreciated their constant fast replies and help.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]