FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for Apple-certified trainers and editors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jacek
Question for Apple-certified trainers and editors
on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:20:28 pm

Have any of you heard or know anything about Apple's plans for the certification program? Their web site has been "down for maintenance" for weeks. All I could find were pre-order pages for the Peach Pit books. I have not been contacted at all. Has anyone been contacted regarding their certification or recertification?

Also, does this mean that those of us who were FCP7 certified have lost our certification now?

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Question for Apple-certified trainers and editors
on Jul 29, 2011 at 1:59:17 am

The FCP7 certifications will be retired in January. There will be new end user and trainer certifications for FCP.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Jul 29, 2011 at 9:54:47 am

What I've heard is that re certification for FCP7 Trainers will take place over 60 days following the publication of the FCPx training book. Said book supposedly ships septemeber 20 from Peachpit.

Don't know about certified Pros schedule.

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer

patrice@monteur.tv

Return to posts index

Dennis Lisonbee
on Jul 29, 2011 at 7:44:23 pm

It is my understanding the former head of certification for Apple is now the head of certification for AVID.

Our Apple certified trainer was signed up for advanced training this summer. The week after FCP came out they called and asked if he was still planning on attending. He asked if the course was going to be taught using FCP X, they said it would be on FCP 7. He told them, "Cancel my spot, I won't be coming."

Apple, by not telling people the certification course they were signing up to take was going to be conducted on an end of life product, committed a serious breech of ethics, which is predictable in a wealthy company built entirely around the leadership of a god figure.

Talkin' bout film is like dancing about architecture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]