FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double click on a clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin lewis
Double click on a clip
on Jul 26, 2011 at 5:45:15 pm

Hi,

In all the tutorials i have seen people double click on clips in the timeline and it seems to open it up, yet when i double click on a clip nothing happens

What is it meant to do? and how can i make it work?

Thanlks

Return to posts index

Cathy Murphy
Re: Double click on a clip
on Jul 26, 2011 at 6:38:01 pm

If you have a video clip with audio, you can double-click on the waveform at the bottom and that will allow you to edit the video and audio separately. Is that what you are talking about?

Or, double-clicking right between two clips on the main timeline opens the precision editor.

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
on Jul 26, 2011 at 6:52:13 pm

Thanks, so you can not click on your clip so it will open up the whole original clip so you could change the in and out point or roll the image?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:41:45 pm

There is no separate viewer in FCPX.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Robin lewis
on Jul 26, 2011 at 8:59:06 pm

I know but I thought you could click on a clip and see what you have not used and be able to roll it like you can when you double click where two clips meet.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:34:10 pm

Robin,

A whopping percentage of the structure of FCP-X works differently from 7.

Honestly, just clicking around and trying to figure how it's different will likely be an exercise in frustration.

I'd highly recommend you take one of the beginners classes that will surely sprout up pretty soon. Or, better yet go explore one of the on-line overviews. Steve Martin's Ripple Training FCP-X On-Line is a great overview and will save you many days of wandering lost. If you can handle the $49 bucks it's a great learning accelerator - as are other similar programs I'm sure.

I would NOT recommend people just download it and start clicking - particularly if you're experienced with FCP already - there's just too much new thinking in this compared to the traditions of what NLE operators have become accustomed to over recent years.

FWIW

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:11:08 pm

If you double click the edit point, not the clip, you will open the precision editor. Is that what you're doing? What happens when you double click on an edit point?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]