on Jul 26, 2011 at 4:08:49 pm

I wonder what they sell?

B

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Crumplepop's argument
on Jul 26, 2011 at 4:27:03 pm

from the post:

We believe that the vast majority of these editors – and probably you, too – will be using FCP X as their professional editing platform within a year.

i think that should read:

We fervently pray that the vast majority of these editors – and probably you, too – will be using FCP X as their professional editing platform within a year, because if the entire market segment known as the "FCP market" falls apart, as it looks it might, then we are completely hosed, so please follow us now as we explain why there is no problem at all with FCPX. We're going to make the argument by warbling on about the miracle of handling codecs directly, then we'll say things like "real time that defies the laws of nature", then we'll draw the definitive conclusion that in a year everyone, everyone will have bought and be using FCPX, and so we'll be able to still sell them plugins, in an application that doesn't allow custom GUI elements, which must be annoying for people who use colorista but lets not think about that right now. In conclusion: please buy this software and begin using it, we are begging you.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 26, 2011 at 5:46:28 pm

Sounds like an accurate translation to me.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:15:57 pm

ROTFL!!

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:48:34 pm

Really? ROTFL? Does anybody really do this? I often LOL, but I can't remember the last time I ROTFL. I have never LMAO.

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:48:33 am

[Craig Shields] " I have never LMAO."

I wish we could. What a great weight-loss program that would be. Even better, can somebody figure out a way for me to "laugh my gut off?"

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 27, 2011 at 5:26:29 pm

I would really like to laugh my moobs off.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:58:15 am

I think you need to consider what CrumplePop's products are to understand their position: they sell Motion master templates [link] FCP. They have never supported anything other than FCP, because their product is tied to the FCP/Motion platform.

The arguments about FCPX being relatively codec-independent and performance scaling with hardware are only relevant when considering FCP. You could have made these arguments for Premiere Pro last year.

The argument about FCPX/Motion 5 integration is right on -- this is a very cool and incredibly powerful feature. I don't think Adobe's Dynamic Link feature between Premiere Pro and After Effects is comparable. However, if you're a Boris RED user, you could have had some very powerful effects interaction with Premiere Pro or Avid years ago.

I'm not saying that CrumplePop is necessarily wrong on their view of FCPX's trajectory, but I do think their view is very FCP-centric and doesn't really consider the entire post market.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]