FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing from hvx200 in final cut pro x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Raphael
importing from hvx200 in final cut pro x
on Jul 22, 2011 at 6:13:36 am

I'm importing content (mxf) from an HVX200 into Final Cut Pro X and having a serious issue with it. FCP is duplicating frames while maintaining the actual duration (in time) of the clip. The end result is a clip that appears to be moving in slow motion, and that ends halfway through. In other words, half of the clip is not playing because it is repeating each frame from the first half of the clip. I've made sure the frame rate for the project is equal to that of the clips (I'm using 720p at 30fps). Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Phil Brockett
Re: importing from hvx200 in final cut pro x
on Jul 22, 2011 at 10:43:49 pm

I don't have an answer for your question, but you may want to check on my query at the Panasonic P2 card forum in creative cow about backing up P2 media on the harddrive first then importing it into the editing application.

Or presenting your question there.

Phil Brockett

Return to posts index

Neil Raphael
on Jul 23, 2011 at 5:14:53 am

Hey thanks Phil - I'll do that.

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Jul 31, 2012 at 11:26:17 am

Seems like you already start wrong. You should not import the mxf with "import files", but import the whole card-structure with "Import from Camera"

I think I have seen this mistake and it had to do with wrong interpretation of 720p50. that was in FCP7 and showed the exact same symptoms. FCP7 tried to stick to its original duration but play as 25p instead of 50p. With you it is of course 30 vs. 60p.

I am constantly importing P2 material with 720p50 and 720p25@50fps. And never had a problem with it.

In FCPX put the file on the timeline and go to "Modify - Retime - Conform Speed".
See what happens now. In a 30p timeline it should be doublelength slomo if it was shot as 60p and it should just say 100% with a green bar if it was shot at 30p.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]