FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is the a way to select which audio channel to use?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
samir kassab
Is the a way to select which audio channel to use?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:05:56 pm

Hello guys
I do lot of news editing,a big part of them is on location,and speed is a very important factor!

Its a pretty simple edit,straight cuts.i clean the voice over,lay it on track A1 then edit the video over it while using the A2 for the natural sounds.I use the patch bay to control which audio track goes where , that allowed me to use only the track I need very fast

With FCP X it seems that the only way to get rid of the unwanted audio track is to open the inspector , select the audio tab,scroll all the way down and uncheck each clip individually.its very time consuming!
Does anyone knows a faster way to achieve this?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Is the a way to select which audio channel to use?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:19:58 pm

If the clip is Dual Mono you can use Break Apart Clip and you'll have two separate audio channels in the timeline.

You can also Open in Timeline command on the clip and you'll have the two audio channels so you can disable/delete one of them.

What's really needed is a key command to select/deselect the clip directly without having to go to the Inspector or having to do the edit into the timeline first.

I suspect they were thinking that disabling one channel in the Inspector meant you can just as easily re-enable it without having to match back to drop in the 2nd channel if you wanted to later. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you could disable without having to go to the inspector though.

Return to posts index

samir kassab
Re: Is the a way to select which audio channel to use?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:41:12 pm

Thank u Craig

I think the break apart clip will work for me.I finish the editing and later click and drag over the unwanted clip and remove them at once.

I don't think enable/ disable the channel from the inspector will ever be practical .matching back sound was never an issue using the match frame shortcut and the patch bay.there most be some kind of tracks,even in a Discreet way.I read an article that the FCPX code has traces for some kind tracks among other missing features like XML and project sharing or "guard"!I hope it's true!

Thanks again for the tip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]