FORUMS: list search recent posts

Less is more

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbert-Jan van der Does
Less is more
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:19:16 am

This video was the first one in its genre that made me grin. Very good produced.

I think you have to login to YouTube to be able to watch it.

Kind regards,

Robbert-Jan van der Does
lighting cameraman/steadicam operator/editor

WISIWYG (What I See Is What You Get)

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
Re: Less is more
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:08:44 am

can we rename this sub forum into "I hate Apple" forum so
I never go here again?

This is really getting old and pointless guys, if you really hate apple that
much just go to some other forums or blogs and troll there like rest
of the guys...

This wasn't personal at all and video is actually really nicely done but
its so old and I think everybody seen it million times...

Best regards...

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:55:02 pm

[Tomislav Rupic] "can we rename this sub forum into "I hate Apple" forum so
I never go here again?"

I think you've figured that out already, so if you are really offended, why don't you just "never go here again?"

The rest of us actually enjoy satire.

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

James Mortner
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:33:41 pm

i thought it was funny...

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:43:23 pm

[Tomislav Rupic] "This wasn't personal at all and video is actually really nicely done but
its so old and I think everybody seen it million times... "

People have seen it a million times, but not in the current context, which gives it new life. I think it's quite funny.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:12:28 pm

And the just released "Magnetic Wheel" prevents "keyboard collisions" - those times when 2 fingers try to strike the same key at the same time. With the "Magnetic Wheel" your fingers automatically slide sway from each other, one ending up in your nose, the other in a nether region.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Robbert-Jan van der Does
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:52:12 pm

Hi Tomislav,

I'm sorry you couldn't appreciate my post. That can happen.
I liked that YouTube clip a lot.
And I am definitely no Apple/FCPX hater.
I am very enthusiastic about FCPX, although there are still some things I would like to see implemented and supported. I have a bunch of equipment that is still useless for using with FCPX.
But I still have FCP 7 and that's working for me. Meanwhile I am discovering FCPX and Motion 5 and I really like what I see. When I think I can add something positive to the discussion or when I think I can help someone out with a problem regarding FCPX or Motion I will do so.
As a matter of fact I am a lot of the time astonished by all the emotional pro and contra posts on several FCP related fora. And there are a lot of times that I felt the urge to put in my 2 cents. Fortunately I know myself that well that commenting in a different language than my native language (Dutch, sometimes double Dutch) can take more time than I would like to. I want to choose my words carefully because I don't like to offend people. That is why counting to ten helps me to think twice before I post.

I think we will have a great time with this new software.
It is as with having kids. It was a big miracle when they were born, they certainly have had their quirks now and then (and so did I) but now two of them are adults and the third almost and all the time the miracle grew bigger as they did. I have enjoyed every single step along the way.
I hope to see FCPX growing up just as FCP did but it will definitely have a different character.

I also like a good laugh every now and then and I hoped to share that by posting the video.
So for everyone that feels adressed, Pro or Contra, PC or Apple, Avid, Premiere Pro, FCP, FCPX or whatever:
Do yourself a big favor and lighten up, life is too short to get angry too much.

Ok, that is of my chest. I will probably not be posting again in this thread, beacause "Less is More" and the wheel was in fact invented a long time ago, so bottom line we are always dealing with outdated principles :-) and you can write a good book on toilet paper as long as you know how to hold a pen and know how to write a good book.

Kind regards,

Robbert-Jan van der Does
lighting cameraman/steadicam operator/editor

WISIWYG (What I See Is What You Get)

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:11:33 pm

[Tomislav Rupic] "

can we rename this sub forum into "I hate Apple" forum so
I never go here again?"

If you're looking for a happy warm place that offers unrestricted praise for all things Apple you should hang out at the Apple store.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:18:51 pm

"If you're looking for a happy warm place that offers unrestricted praise for all things Apple you should hang out at the Apple store."

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-apple-friend-bar-gives-customers-someone-...

:-)

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Jul 23, 2011 at 8:39:54 am

[Shawn Miller] ""If you're looking for a happy warm place that offers unrestricted praise for all things Apple you should hang out at the Apple store."

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-apple-friend-bar-gives-customers-someone-.....

:-)"

LOL now that was funny, never seen that one before :)

btw. Robbert, I said nothing personal, so no worries :)

Gary, thats is actually a really good idea, but from time to
time this forums can be source of really good information so no...

Have fun guys and please try to be constructive, this is
pro forums so no need to start acting like little kids ;)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 23, 2011 at 3:55:18 pm

[Tomislav Rupic] "Have fun guys and please try to be constructive, this is
pro forums so no need to start acting like little kids ;)"

Tomislav,

May I suggest that you stick to the subject, which is FCP X, and quit all of your writing and whining about other Cow members and their feelings and thoughts.

You're free to say whatever you want about FCP X, and you need to respect the right of others to be free express themselves. Resist the temptation to direct what others say. That's really the problem here.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:29:52 am

ROTFL!!!!!

Return to posts index

Marvin Holdman
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:43:44 pm

So... will FCX support the wheel natively or are we going to have to wait for 3rd party support???

;-)

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Chris Walsh
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:19:41 pm

This is one of my favorite Onion videos of all time. I shared it and laughed, and then of course they released they iPad, and did exactly this with great results.

The tag line is the best though, "It remains to be seen if the Wheel will catch on in the business world, where people use computers for actual work."

Chris Walsh

http://www.musicfog.com
Silver Spring, MD
Final Cut & AVID MC5
Former Windows User and edit* lover

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:35:41 pm

Great laugh to start my day with. Thanks for posting. A very clever piece of satire that will probably make some folks a little uncomfortable.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]