FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding fade in/out to secondary video track clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Potter
Adding fade in/out to secondary video track clips
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:54:59 am

Hey everyone

I'm new to final cut pro x and was previously using iMovie. I'm currently editing some clinical skills videos however I often need to do a secondary video track with a picture in picture effect, showing a closeup of a particular technique etc. I've managed fine creating the picture in picture effect however i'd like the secondary video track to fade in and out to make it look a little more slick. The problem is that FCPX won't allow me to add fades etc to the beginning or end of the secondary video clips, so i'm a little stuck. From reading the forum there's a lot of very wise people here, so hopefully someone can help me out with this problem.

Thanks

Lewis

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
Re: Adding fade in/out to secondary video track clips
on Jul 21, 2011 at 1:36:06 am

You need to turn your secondary video clip into a storyline (Command+G or by right-clicking on the clip and selecting 'create storyline') and then you'll be able to add transition effects.

Oh, and for the future, if you run into problems adding effects to titles, read my post here: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/918

Return to posts index

Georg J. Kleinegees
on Jul 21, 2011 at 4:09:04 am

For a simple fade-in and fade-out there's no need to create a second storyline. Select your clip, press CTRL-V, click on the small icon on the right side of the compositing-bar and move the keyframe-handler to the right.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Pack
on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:59:42 pm

You have to create a storyline if you wish to fade in out an image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]