FORUMS: list search recent posts

Source / Rec monitor in Apple official pic - mistake?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Allen
Source / Rec monitor in Apple official pic - mistake?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:10:48 pm

So, what is this?

http://images.apple.com/displays/images/overview_hero2.jpg

They don't seem to be in trim mode?

Or did they just Photoshop it to mislead us?

The lack of separate playhead controls is a bit of a giveaway that this is a hack of some kind.

Bruce Allen
http://www.boacinema.com

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
Re: Source / Rec monitor in Apple official pic - mistake?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:46:23 pm

Uh, that's mighty disturbing. Unless Apple fully intends to unveil a two-up display, this smacks of fraud to me.

Chris

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:56:47 pm

And in the whole image, you'll notice two OS X menu bars- one on the 27" and one on the MBP. Somebody doing web graphics made a composite image without regard for reality...

The inexplicable dual viewer "screenshot" can also be seen here. It has always appeared in a dual monitor context, but I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:00:42 pm

Actually, nevermind, if you look at the unvarnished screenshot, the edge of a secondary storyline clip has the telltale yellow bracket suggesting it is being Trim'd. No apparent mouse point though.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:31:52 pm

Personally I'd expect that in one of the upcoming updates there would be an improved 2-up display.
One of the problems I have with FCPX GUI is that for a program that relies on 2-up it's inadequately implemented.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:43:00 pm

Actually very easy to duplicate. Using a 2 monitor setup send the Event Browser to your 2nd monitor. The 2-up display is now full top of screen when you trim.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:48:32 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Actually very easy to duplicate. Using a 2 monitor setup send the Event Browser to your 2nd monitor. The 2-up display is now full top of screen when you trim."

At first I thought there wasn't a Trim operation in progress, but then I noticed the Yellow bracket (as I pointed out in my follow-up to my initial post). The thing that threw me off initially was the absence of the mouse pointer.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:50:27 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Personally I'd expect that in one of the upcoming updates there would be an improved 2-up display. One of the problems I have with FCPX GUI is that for a program that relies on 2-up it's inadequately implemented."

I agree. I think it should be active at all times when the Precision Editor is engaged in addition to all Trim operations, as is the case today. I submitted a Feedback saying so the day the form went live.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]